News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Flowers etc.

Started by Nast, July 21, 2008, 08:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Here are some photos of flowers I took throughout this year with my crappy digital camera:

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Anch

help I'm trapped in a online-personality-machine and can't escargh

Nast

Thanks! It's my favorite one too.  :)

A lot of the pictures are slightly blurry because those flowers were really small, and my cheap camera doesn't have a very good macro function...
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is my favorite:

Nice job, for a crappy camera! I'd love to see what you could do with a GOOD camera.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

I really like this one:

the focal length gives you a good sense of the flower's depth. The ones of the bee are really cute, too. For a "crappy digital camera", not bad at all!

Nast

Awww, you people are too nice.  :)

I think I'd like to get more into photography a bit more before I invest in something nicer (and more expensive). Right now its just a wee little hobby on the side, but I'd also like to experience with my dad's super-old Polaroid camera. The hard part is finding some film for it that won't cost me $1 per shot, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That might not be possible. I have a good friend who is a professional photographer, who uses a really old Polaroid for his photobooth events. The film is EXPENSIVE, and sometimes he gets a bum cartridge, too.

Here's some of his work:

http://photoboothprojects.com/home.html

How alarming. I just realized that there are three pictures with me in them in his portfolio. Really alarming ones.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Mhhhm...I thought that would be the case. I even looked on eBay and shook my fist at the exorbitant prices. It's highway robbery!

I like your friend's work; they're all very whimsical but homey too.
And don't worry, the ones with you in them aren't nearly as shocking as others.  :wink:

Sir Squid Diddimus

daffodils and fluffy bees!
i love them!

unless they're not daffodils and i'm a blind ass tard