News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Homemade Hunchpunch Experiment

Started by Bruno, August 23, 2008, 10:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i really didn't like it at all and never finished more than half a glass. half the bottle is still sitting in a shelf, i'll give it another taste every now and then, perhaps one day it'll ripen to something taste (or perhaps not).

i have made quite strong stuff using a very similar recipe, but this one wasn't. i'm not sure what went wrong.

ehm but, you say your current batch has a gravity (that's weight per volume, right) indicating a sugar content that would result in 10% alcohol if all the sugar ferments? did i get that right? cause that does indeed sound like very little.

how do you calculate the %PA? i never did that, i just tried out different ratios and found that about 1kg of sugar on 4 liter of liquid results in "pretty strong stuff" that is also still a bit sweet, but not too much.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bruno

I didn't calculate it, I used my True-Brewtm triple scale hydrometer and measured it. It was 7% to begin with (as were all four different brands) I added a half cup at first, re-measured it, added a second half cup, and re-re-measured it, and that put it at 10%.

That was last Sunday. I measured one again just now and it was at 3%, so if I understand correctly, that means it's 7% alcohol now, and should be done fermenting in a couple of days. I'm tempted to add another cup and take it to 13% in at least one batch.
Formerly something else...

AFK

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on August 25, 2008, 06:15:54 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 25, 2008, 04:13:55 PM
Quote from: Squiddy on August 25, 2008, 05:10:44 AM
Dude you have to tell us how this turns out.
i'm interested in hearing about it, but wouldnt try it myself.

i did however buy some of those muscadine grapes that only grow around here (south east) and i now see where that weird flavor/wang in florida wine comes from.

They put wangs in their wine there? :?

Yes, but unfortunately the older wines have a weak finish.

This was a fucking boss turn of word play that went unrecognized.

Tragedy!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.