News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

sacred chao?

Started by Horab Fibslager, March 28, 2004, 11:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

er somewhere soemone said soemthign about a sacred chao after i said i draw better ones or somethin, and i said i'd post one if i found one laying abouty. well i found my book of squiggly lines which is my doodle book from when i was quite mad, and scanned the one that's in tehre. it's a few years old and i draw them much better now, btu they take a good few horu sto draw properly, and i tend to leave them in naughty palces. but in any case, this gives a jist as to what they may look like.

Hell is other people.

Bella

Wow! This is very cool.
I like the squiggly lines and have kind of
been experimenting with them myself lately.

Are you gonna post more? I hope so.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

mobbing

thats just how all my school papers look like on the edge.
I seldom draw something specific, mostly such squiggly lines and trees
sigerm halkret meg tenibran kelfe zramt
favourite comic strip

Horab Fibslager

i drew these while thinking baotu entorpy or someat, and the firstone is a concptualization of a pocket of entropy- divisionless and uniform, fading into a pocket of negative entorpy, wild and erratic. the 2nd is a conceptof a whole system, tho not in very good detail or anything.

Hell is other people.

Horab Fibslager

this one here i liek to look at as if it were a 3d drawing or someat.  

those are all teh half decent ones from that book i'm afraid. [/img]
Hell is other people.

Bella

You gave me the idea of using a toothpick to inscribe something on the order of the first picture you posted into the background of the painting I started last night.  That first layer of paint is quite dark, so it's kind of hard to see the lines, but I know they're there - which makes it much more fun.
just like in a dream

Horab Fibslager

hidden images are always fun. i've had the thought to make pcitures which always had hidden images in them, but i jsut haven't been arsed to do so.
Hell is other people.

Bella

My friend once came up with the idea of attaching masks to everyone in a particular painging......masks that the viewer could remove. She also wanted me to somehow make paintings with multiple layers, like onions - so that people could peel them away one by one until they came to the "true" painting underneath. Can't figure out how in the world to do such a thing, but it's a cool idea.
just like in a dream

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomMy friend once came up with the idea of attaching masks to everyone in a particular painging......masks that the viewer could remove. She also wanted me to somehow make paintings with multiple layers, like onions - so that people could peel them away one by one until they came to the "true" painting underneath. Can't figure out how in the world to do such a thing, but it's a cool idea.

well i reckoned i woudl use transparncy effects in psp or something. my digital art aint that great, butmy physical art is worse. i plan to combien them into somethign decent.

in any case my art tends to be heavy on concept rather than actual skill. dawign good is hard :/
Hell is other people.

Bella

That's why I paint - it doesn't require great techinical drawing skill.
My old boss was telling me yesterday that she did a self portrait using transparencies. I'd like to see it one of these days.
just like in a dream

Horab Fibslager

i useck worse with paint thananythign else. my prefered media is pen overall, because my 7th grade art teacher told me that you couldn;t draw with a pen. funy thing is i can do almost anythign with a pen msot people can do with a pencil, depending on the pen.(including shade)
Hell is other people.

Bella

Quote from: horabi useck worse with paint thananythign else. my prefered media is pen overall, because my 7th grade art teacher told me that you couldn;t draw with a pen. funy thing is i can do almost anythign with a pen msot people can do with a pencil, depending on the pen.(including shade)
Your teacher actually said that? What a maroon!
But at least it inspired you.

I usually finish my watercolors off with pen. I like to make squiggly lines for shading - especially on portraits. And sometimes, I sneak in words and symbols among the squiggles. It amuses me to have secret messages that other people probably won't ever know are there.
just like in a dream

Anonymous

i like hidden messages.
i hid one in this post.
can you find it?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

You guys keep that up and you'll be making art spookier than a collection of Austin Osman Spare paintings.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bella

I like spooky art.
The spookier the better.
just like in a dream