News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Congratulations to TGRR...

Started by rmw, September 07, 2008, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmw

...for single-handedly destroying the CoG.

I've had enough. All of these idiots who have arrived in the past few days, thanks to that cunt, Roger, simply because he was too immature pompous to be put in his place have destroyed the CoG. The fact that they have come here to raid is proven by the fact that they refuse to leave; if they really had a problem with the rules and hated the "overmoderation" (Which is bullshit, and just proof on Roger's meddling) they would long ago have left. In my opinion, we have one last chance to save the CoG. Operation Moscow.

Operation Moscow is so called because it is a reference to the Russian army's retreat from Moscow when Napoleon invaded Russia. We will evacuate the forum. Trolling an empty forum is pretty boring, and they will leave eventually. I have no idea how long that will take, but Scikidus has suggested an excellent place to retreat to while we wait for the trolls to leave (http://tcog.gogoo.us/). I've pmed everybody who I think is a valued member.
After we return, I suggest tearing down the site and starting again. A fresh start. A rebirth, if you were. CoG 2.0 I say this because I feel that there is too much history in the CoG, and we need to clear out all the crap. Changing the main site would be good too.

If you think this is a bit drastic, then just think about these two things. Think about all the members we've lost over the past few weeks. Vexx, FH and Tag. Some of the key members of the forum. Why did they leave? Because they are tired of all the bullshit that has been allowed to fester on this forum since Mushy arrived (I say he's the beginning, because I feel that we lost our capacity for intelligent debate with him.) And does the CoG still look like what it stands for? If Matt did a press release tomorrow, would you be able to hold your head high and say "I'm a Googlist." I know I wouldn't. And it hurts me to say that. That's why we need to cut out the cancer at the heart of the forum, and lay down the law.

I salute you, sir!

Cain

I believe HIMEOBS is the honourable combatant here.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: rmw on September 07, 2008, 07:43:02 PM
Scikidus has suggested an excellent place to retreat to while we wait for the trolls to leave (http://tcog.gogoo.us/).

......:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've had enough. All of these idiots who have arrived in the past few days, thanks to that cunt, Roger, simply because he was too immature pompous to be put in his place have destroyed the CoG. The fact that they have come here to raid is proven by the fact that they refuse to leave; if they really had a problem with the rules and hated the "overmoderation" (Which is bullshit, and just proof on Roger's meddling) they would long ago have left. In my opinion, we have one last chance to save the CoG. Operation Moscow.

Operation Moscow is so called because it is a reference to the Russian army's retreat from Moscow when Napoleon invaded Russia. We will evacuate the forum. Trolling an empty forum is pretty boring, and they will leave eventually. I have no idea how long that will take, but Scikidus has suggested an excellent place to retreat to while we wait for the trolls to leave (http://tcog.gogoo.us/). I've pmed everybody who I think is a valued member.
After we return, I suggest tearing down the site and starting again. A fresh start. A rebirth, if you were. CoG 2.0 I say this because I feel that there is too much history in the CoG, and we need to clear out all the crap. Changing the main site would be good too.

If you think this is a bit drastic, then just think about these two things. Think about all the members we've lost over the past few weeks. Vexx, FH and Tag. Some of the key members of the forum. Why did they leave? Because they are tired of all the bullshit that has been allowed to fester on this forum since Mushy arrived (I say he's the beginning, because I feel that we lost our capacity for intelligent debate with him.) And does the CoG still look like what it stands for? If Matt did a press release tomorrow, would you be able to hold your head high and say "I'm a Googlist." I know I wouldn't. And it hurts me to say that. That's why we need to cut out the cancer at the heart of the forum, and lay down the law.

I salute you, sir!

I am slightly annoyed that you are giving Roger all the credit, here.

P.S. there has already been a fresh start, and it is to be found here:

http://churchofgoogle.net/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Messier Undertree

Speaking of which, news of our conquest of CoG should be added to the HIMEOBS blog.

It has been one of our greatest victories in a while, and our fans deserve to know about it.

Cain

Someone needs to get screenshots.  Then Agent Rapier will upload.

Messier Undertree

Heh. I wouldn't know where to start. The entire thing was burned to the ground. :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Malachite on September 07, 2008, 08:02:23 PM
Heh. I wouldn't know where to start. The entire thing was burned to the ground. :lol:

The entire site was shut?

Will you fucks at least do that sort of shit after I have my dinner?  Damn it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2008, 07:44:42 PM
I believe HIMEOBS is the honourable combatant here.

I believe I shall register at that site, and keep the lulz rolling.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I salute you, sir!

First off, I'd like to thank all the "little people" who helped make this possible.

Second, watching these spags whine and cry about shit THEY are responsible for makes me laugh and puke at the same time.

By the way, who originally posted this?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

The war is over hippie.  Your side lost, get over it.

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2008, 08:48:21 PM
The war is over hippie.  Your side lost, get over it.

8)

Go check out their new board.   :lulz:

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2008, 08:19:57 PM

Nah, I just meant that practically every thread was a battleground, so there would be hundreds of screencaps.

The site is still up, but for how long, I can't be sure.

I'm thinking we should ITT their temp forum as a another slap in the face.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on September 07, 2008, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2008, 08:19:57 PM

Nah, I just meant that practically every thread was a battleground, so there would be hundreds of screencaps.

The site is still up, but for how long, I can't be sure.

I'm thinking we should ITT their temp forum as a another slap in the face.

Already on it.  :jihaad: