News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Gerund: The BIP-Rock Project

Started by LMNO, September 09, 2008, 12:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Monk

Quote from: Honey on September 29, 2008, 11:20:04 PM
Your handsomeness from your pics just threw me for a loop & the dissonance was way too much. 

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Honey

Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Payne

Quote from: TheScarletReaper on September 29, 2008, 11:28:27 PM
Quote from: Honey on September 29, 2008, 11:20:04 PM
Your handsomeness from your pics just threw me for a loop & the dissonance was way too much.

[snip]obnoxious pledge image[/snip]

WTF dude?

LMNO

Honey, was that some sort of private fantasy, or have I missed a thread somewhere?

Honey

Let's just say it was both.  (I am very impressionable)   :oops:

I try to say what I mean & mean what I say but sometimes I put my foot in my mouth.
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Triple Zero

i still like Circular Reasoning best, in the sense that it's earned itself a spot in my "random stuff" collection i carry around on my mp3 player and that i actively put it up a couple of times (as opposed to 98% of my other music that happens along in a big retarded shuffle). my gf was impressed, as well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Hmmm... Any way you could expand on why you like that the best?

It seems a popular sentiment, so maybe I should contiue exploring that vein.

Triple Zero

it's a bit hard to describe music in this way, so i'm gonna try my best:

- i like the afterbeat thingy, dunno what it's called, like what they do in reggae/dub as well.
- the sound of your voice is, feels a bit like a dark smoky bar where this guy does really depressed blues, but then with more guitar and distortion. i picture people in a pit, tearing down the place in a grainy slow motion while staying seated.
- i like the way the guitars are distorted
- the way the tempo speeds up in the second and fourth verses
- the overall tempo and rhythm is laid back but interesting and also really forcefull in a way
- the sounds are spaced out clearly
- how you made "pride" rhyme with "misguide..ed" :) it's a crappy nonchalant thing, i could have done :)
- it's not the solo/break at 2:25 i don't like the high pitched melody, it sounds a littlebit too much like some guy randomly plucking away at their guitar (which may very well have been what you did), but it's a bit pretentious maybe.
- then, the "circular reasoning works because circular reasoning works because circular reasoning works because .." that comes right after that is obligatory, of course, and carried out well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Cool.

I took notes.  We'll see what happens for the next Gerund project.

Well, actually, the one after next, because I have a Hives/Phantom Planet ripoff I want to make called "Think for Yourself."

Um... and that may have to wait until I finish the two Tardive Dyskenisia songs, "I'm So Goth I Shit Bats," and "The Whole World's Against Me".

Oh, and I also have to mash up some song samples for ECH to rap over.

LMNO
-My, what a big plate you have!

LMNO

I changed the mix on "No Choice" a bit.  A little crisper, I think.  Same link to the Reverbnation site.  Enjoy.

LMNO

Quote from: LMNO on October 03, 2008, 01:34:13 AM
I changed the mix on "No Choice" a bit.  A little crisper, I think.  Same link to the Reverbnation site.  Enjoy.

I changed the mix on it once again.

It's good to be doing music and not writing that fucking novel.

Easy link:

http://www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions