PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

The Century of the Self

Started by Verbal Mike, September 11, 2008, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

A friend sent me a link to this ages ago, and now I've finally watched it:
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=8339

It's four hours of documentary but I feel it was time well-spent (even if it took me ages to find the time for it)... You can watch the first five minutes or so of part four to get a recap of it and see if it's worth watching...

The series brings up some bigger questions about democracy, but I found it fascinating to see all of what it presents put together in historical perspective...

Discuss.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Verbal Mike

Also this site, informationliberation, looks pretty interesting in itself.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cain

At first, yes it does, but its just a bunch of whiney Daily Mail reading spags sending in links of badly researched and hysterical articles.

Thanks for the link though, I'll try and watch this over the weeke nd.

Xooxe

Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2008, 08:41:31 PM

Out of everyone here, I'd have thought you'd be the first to see it. You pointed me to Adam Curtis' newer documentary The Power Of Nightmares which is also fantastic.

Cain

Quote from: Xooxe on September 12, 2008, 07:24:35 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2008, 08:41:31 PM

Out of everyone here, I'd have thought you'd be the first to see it. You pointed me to Adam Curtis' newer documentary The Power Of Nightmares which is also fantastic.

Yes.

I know of it, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  Verb has reminded to do so, however.