News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

do you know your evil?

Started by Rhys Rhaven, September 22, 2008, 04:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

'Don't let Yatto have the final word'
I wasnt challenging Hoopla, not toying with his street cred, only asking for a game of sink or stack.
In a sense I was agreeing that the topic was coming to a full circle.

and since someone stole the Conk from me, ill goto my side of the island with piggy and mine my own business

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on October 01, 2008, 10:16:07 AM
Oh, I see now that you aren't. But I have fulfilled my goal in making 3 unnecessary posts in a row.

That's a bannable offense on some forums, from what I hear...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The moral of the story:  BEER MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER.

hooplala

That's one for the news ticker as well.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: Hoopla on September 30, 2008, 11:32:17 PM
Email is now fixed.

Cram, it's pretty much a genuine flounce this time.  I will pop in to read stuff now and then (to stay in the loop), and to see if I have any PMs, but I doubt I will be posting anymore.  I'm tired of the jabs from people I barely know... I accept jabs from people I know and respect, like Roger, ECH, LMNO, Payne and yourself, but Cainad?  Fuck that.  My rep with the n00bs seems to be that I am a useless douchebag asking to be poked with a stick, so what's the point?

I've been working on a novel for a long time now, and posting in message boards just gobbles up time I could be writing.  I'll probably go on IRC now and then if Morningstar isn't going to play nanny.

Its not just cainad, there's a whole clan of unfunny, generally uninteresting assholes going around making needless little jabs at people.
normally I don't get much an inspiration to post, but I think I might start making the effort just to point this out when i see it.
One of my close personal friends left the site already when someone started flaming him because he couldn't possibly get the in-joke they were making, just because he wasn't posting 500+ times a day.
It pissed me off when he went and I Really don't want to see you go hoopla.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

I'm not... I was just feeling especially delicate and precious yesterday. 

The jabs do happen a lot, and I'm not immune to it, I put some thought into it yesterday and decided that I have done much the same to a few people on here.  I'm not proud of that, and will stop it here.  i sent out an apology PM to a poster I had given a hard time to last night, and I hope he can see that I meant it.  As has been said before, there are much more deserving people for our scorn than ourselves.

On a similar line of thought, I don't want people to think I am overly thin skinned either.  I can usually take it from the best of them, I guess yesterday just wasn't a good day for me.

I apologize to everyone for flying off the handle.  Again.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, have a beer* and realize what's going on here:

Namely, the general tone of this board tends towards snark, sarcasm, and one-liners.  Especially in Apple Talk.

Noobs are trying to get into the flow of things, and are doing their best to "fit in".  The problem is, me poking fun at Hoopla is treated differently than Yabbo poking fun at Hoopla.

Yeah, it's probably a senority thing.  We know each other better, so we can get away with more; we're all monkeys, deal with it.

That much said, it might be a good idea to treat said comments as what they actually are: pixels on a monitor, written by an anonymous sockfucker pretending to be cool.

Oh, and Hoopla: Go eat a bowl of dick.  Srsly.

Love,
LMNO

*BEER.  IT MAKES THINGS BETTER.

hooplala

I'm eating a big ol' bowl of Dicks O' Plenty!TM right now!

Mm mmm!  When I've flounced in a huff and then sheepishly tiptoed back in through the back door, nothing satisfies me like a big bowl of Dicks O' Plenty!TM

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Hoopla, I know I said it in IRC last night, but it bears repeating.

When Payne and I made you put that WOMP image in your signature
and then changed the image into a big MS Paint Cock'n'balls

we really meant it

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Vene

I knew I should have stayed at home instead of working last night.

hooplala

See, we don't need Daruko for drama...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

ah, we loves ya Hoops. Don't go comparing yourself to failed trolls.

compare/contrast:

both you and Daruko were in IRC last night.

Daruko was like "You guys miss me, admit it." and no one did.

You were like, "Hey guys" and a lot of people were like, "We'll miss you!"

so it's cool. We've all got bad days now and then.

Vene

Quote from: Hoopla on October 01, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
Unless...
I've got it!  You're his minion!

But, that doesn't make any sense.
I know, Daruko is your alt and you want to destroy the forum from the inside out!
:omg:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Vene on October 01, 2008, 03:39:59 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 01, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
Unless...
I've got it!  You're his minion!

But, that doesn't make any sense.
I know, Daruko is your alt and you want to destroy the forum from the inside out!
:omg:

Wrong. I'm Daruko's alt, as evidenced by my apparent inability to tell when I'm going too far.

Anyway, I haven't got a whole lot to say for myself. I'm sorry that one unfunny line generated two pages of drama. I'll be sure to toe the line from now on and not do anything too foolhardy.