News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Thats the sort of sex good upstanding citizens have, you heathen.

Also, beautiful pie.  :fap:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Wow. Those apple chunks are really big.

AWESOME.

Also, thnking about how I helped you make you house smell like sex gives me an erection.   

Suu

Is too big a problem? They didn't seem too big to me.

I got honeycrisp apples on the advice of my roommate who was at the store with me, since the only other ones that were medium in size were Macs, and apparently they can get mooshy really fast. They peeled easy but were surprisingly pretty hard to slice, but I swear most of the chunks couldn't be larger than an inch and a half at MOST. I did fit 6 fucking apples into a crust SOMEHOW.

I did try a bit of the pie mixture and I made it a wee bit spicy, but I think the use of whole allspice and nutmeg probably had a lot to do with that. I didn't use a shitload, but I know that whole spices do tend to have a stronger flavor. It's good though, because I love a richly spiced apple pie, and the bourbon only makes it better.  :fap:

Overall, it was easier than I thought it was going to be, as I tend to hate baking unless it comes from a box.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on November 26, 2009, 03:11:19 AM
Is too big a problem? They didn't seem too big to me.

I got honeycrisp apples on the advice of my roommate who was at the store with me, since the only other ones that were medium in size were Macs, and apparently they can get mooshy really fast. They peeled easy but were surprisingly pretty hard to slice, but I swear most of the chunks couldn't be larger than an inch and a half at MOST. I did fit 6 fucking apples into a crust SOMEHOW.

I did try a bit of the pie mixture and I made it a wee bit spicy, but I think the use of whole allspice and nutmeg probably had a lot to do with that. I didn't use a shitload, but I know that whole spices do tend to have a stronger flavor. It's good though, because I love a richly spiced apple pie, and the bourbon only makes it better.  :fap:

Overall, it was easier than I thought it was going to be, as I tend to hate baking unless it comes from a box.

Mmm honeycrisps are delicious.  I never considered cooking with them, let me know how it turns out when you try it.  They're very pear-like so I wonder how they'd hold up to baking.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Honeycrisp?

You better wear a maxipad when you eat it, because you'll be drenching your panties, Missy.

LMNO
- is drunk. Hence the offensiveness.

Suu

Well considering the amount of goop those things are sopped in, they've probably softened up. I'll be honest, I really REALLY wanted to use Granny Smiths. I love a good sour green apple, but then after consulting the roommate (they may be annoying as fuck, but they know their shit about food) it wouldn't be a good pie choice with bourbon. Plus I'm pretty sure they're out of season right now anyway because all I saw were Honeycrisp, Empire, Macs, and Red and Golden Delicious.

Quote from: LMNO on November 26, 2009, 03:27:24 AM
Honeycrisp?

You better wear a maxipad when you eat it, because you'll be drenching your panties, Missy.

LMNO
- is drunk. Hence the offensiveness.

<3

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

:fap: kitchenaid mixer  :fap:
:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

the $350 kitchenaid mixer

............... :fap:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Honeycrisp are delicious, and this thread makes me LOL.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Squid on November 26, 2009, 07:56:19 AM
:fap: kitchenaid mixer  :fap:
:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

the $350 kitchenaid mixer

............... :fap:

My roommates don't fuck around when it comes to cooking. This is probably why I gained the weight that I did living with them. Fuckers.

Also, the pie was a hit as mentioned in the Thanksgiving fread. In fact, it was such a hit that I had my one serving for dessert and that was the last I saw of it.  :cry: GS sat down next to me last night with the last piece, laughing evily. I told him to go ahead and eat it, since it was easy enough to make and I was too busy polishing off smashed butternut squash.

The apples retained a good amount of crunch, but they weren't "raw". I did go overboard on the cinnamon, but no one complained. Lol. It also got served cold even though I insisted on heating it up. LMNO was right, it was perfect cold, so fresh and warm would only be RIDICULOUS.

Kai

Yeah, cold apple pie is one of the greatest culinary creations ever.

Especially for breakfast.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

Making the pie again. Mom and I just chopped fresh pecans from my grandfather's house in Alabama.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 24, 2009, 02:53:49 PM
Making the pie again. Mom and I just chopped fresh pecans from my grandfather's house in Alabama.

Oh, that sounds lovely!

I made sweet potato pies for Yule that turned out to be really popular; they got rave reviews.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Thai Beef with Kuri Squash Soup and Kale Chips.

Let's start with the Kale chips.  Tear, wash and dry kale.  Toss with some oil, salt, and pepper, arrange on a baking sheet, and bake at 250 for 30 minutes.

Quarter and clean out a Kuri Squash, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle curry powder, salt, and cumin over top.  Roast at 400 for about an hour, until soft.

Chop up red onion, shallot, garlic, and hot peppers.  This will be for both the soup and the beef.

In a pot, sautee hot peppers, garlic, and shallots.

To this, add peeled squash, cilantro, and coconut milk.

Simmer, then puree.

In a bowl, combine lime juice, Nam Pla, and Soy sauce.  To this, add the red onion, hot peppers, Sriracha, and cilantro.

Season and broil beef, rare.

Rest, slice against the grain, and toss in the marinade.

Serve with the kale chips as a garnish.

Triple Zero

oooohhhh NICE :D

also, hurt your finger in a kitchen-related incident?

me too. fucking sharp knives and chopping garlic in a hurry ... :-(
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Among the most hilarious words in the English language are "hurt your finger?"