News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

I really should try this pork and or short rib thing soon, we really have been eating WAY too much chicken lately. (Aside from that meat loaf.) Also I am really glad you have several takes on cauliflower, because I always have trouble thinking up ways to cook that shit.  :)
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Eve

Srsly, I'd worry about turning into a chicken soon but for all the spinach I eat.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

The Dark Monk

I can't stand chicken unless it's fried. So flavorless.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Dark Monk

I live in a hunting family. Chicken compared to hunted animal is like eating Smarties if you have Ferrero Roche.
~MIAB~

BADGE OF HONOR

No it just means you don't know how to cook chicken.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe he/she/it only has access to, like, Costco chicken or something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Chicken is fantastic if you know how to season it. Though Mr. Suu will agree with this spag and say that it's terribly bland.

Then again anything I make for dinner that isn't seasoned with something made by Goya is always "too bland" for him.  :roll:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Free range chicken is not bland at all, though!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I'm too poor for free range chicken, Stop and Shop brand it is!

But as I'm learning, any rub or marinade using the right affordable ingredients can make a gourmet meal even on cheap cuts of meat. Like the pot roast I'm doing tomorrow using LMNO's recipe in the other thread. After 3 days of marinading, this roast is gonna be KILLER.  :fap:

Granted it IS a $10 pot roast...almost 3lbs of win.

I JUST HOPE I DON'T FUCK IT UP.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

I make fucking delicious chicken using just egg, flour, salt and pepper.  You just have to know how to treat it right.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, if you are a good cook, you can definitely do beautiful things with any cut of meat and a handful of cheap ingredients.

The Dark Monk

Garlic must be my equivalent to Mr. Suu's Goya.
GARLIC ON EVERYTHING!!!!! IN MASS QUANTITIES!!!!!
~MIAB~

East Coast Hustle

well yeah.

if you're eating wild game, you need something to cover up the taste of wild game.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu on October 27, 2008, 02:29:17 AM
I'm too poor for free range chicken, Stop and Shop brand it is!

But as I'm learning, any rub or marinade using the right affordable ingredients can make a gourmet meal even on cheap cuts of meat. Like the pot roast I'm doing tomorrow using LMNO's recipe in the other thread. After 3 days of marinading, this roast is gonna be KILLER.  :fap:

Granted it IS a $10 pot roast...almost 3lbs of win.

I JUST HOPE I DON'T FUCK IT UP.

when it comes to pot roast, low and slow is the key (after the meat has been dusted and browned on high enough heat to sear it, of course).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"