News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

:mittens:  It's on.  Once I have my magical mixture of appleage from this year's foray into the orchardworld of CA, of course.

LMNO

Yeah.  It's a triple shot of awesomeness, because you have the bourbon the sweet apple pie filling, and essentially and apple crisp crust on top.

LMNO
-has stopped wondering why he hasn't lost weight.

Suu

I am making this pie for Thanksgiving. Apples are bourbon are keys to Swamp Yankee hearts I hear...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

And blowjobs.

Can't forget the blowjobs.

Suu

...This is going to the rest of his family.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Better start excercising those jaw muscles now, in that case.

Suu

Also, should I pre-bake the crust a bit? Or will be be okay? I was thinking it may get a bit soggy.

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on November 25, 2009, 04:22:45 PM
Also, should I pre-bake the crust a bit? Or will be be okay? I was thinking it may get a bit soggy.

I didn't and it was fine, but if you like the crust particularly, uh, "crusty", go for it.

Also, it depends on how easily your apples break down.  I used a fairly solid type, so there wasn't that much gooze.

Suu

Word.

I'm off to buy apples, pecans and a pie crust. (Everything else I have.)

LMNO

Protip:

Keep the filling and the topping separate and cold during transport until you're ready to bake.  Also, it tastes fantastic cold, make two and have one for breakfast.

Suu

The problem is that I have no idea who's kitchen I'll be in tomorrow for dessert. So I may just bake it entirely tonight and then give it a slight-reheat tomorrow before serving.

Jenne

We're going apple buying this weekend.  I"m going to look for some Arkansas Blacks.  Mmm...hard, tart and ready to rumble apples.  I'm thinking they would be good candidates to try in this recipe, along with pippins, perhaps.

Suu

Well here goes...

I also got my corset on, because well...This IS an LMNO recipe after all.

Suu

Alright, after much cursing with the food processor and making a moderate mess, the pie is in the oven.

Everything turned out a bit of a darker color than LMNO's did, but maybe it was because I was using a darker brown sugar (and I'm also a wee-bit cinnamon happy).

I'll take a final shot at 7 when it's done.

Suu

Oh. My. God.

The house smells like sex...if sex were apples, bourbon and cinnamon.  :fap: