News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Public servants do not deserve fan boys and girls.

Started by wade, October 11, 2008, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

I just realized today that each time one of these public servants decides to give a speech, the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  Is this really how our civic duties should be conducted?  A crowd full of yes men and women cheering on their media whore?  it is pathetic.

I'd rather see a crowd full of people who each hold strong ideals, and hold close the belief in liberty and justice for all.  When you go to a public servants speech you shouldn't be able to tell that the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  I'd rather see a crowd full of informed people who pay close attention to what is being said, people with a back bone, people who will be critical, and will force our public servants to be held accountable, not a crowd full of civillians wishing for an autograph of their favourite celebrity.  it is pathetic.

Though, I suppose I'm living in a pipe dream right now wanting this because there is no way it will happen with our current post modern society as it exists today.  it is pathetic.

I guess I'm really bitching about journalists not really being journalists, or the mainstream media not really being fair and balanced...  bah.  it is pathetic.

[/whining]

[mindless-self-indulgence]
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

wade

are there any ways to exploit this? which should cause people to feel even stupider then they already are.

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wgeorgew on October 11, 2008, 08:01:46 PM
I just realized today that each time one of these public servants decides to give a speech, the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  Is this really how our civic duties should be conducted?  A crowd full of yes men and women cheering on their media whore?  it is pathetic.

I'd rather see a crowd full of people who each hold strong ideals, and hold close the belief in liberty and justice for all.  When you go to a public servants speech you shouldn't be able to tell that the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  I'd rather see a crowd full of informed people who pay close attention to what is being said, people with a back bone, people who will be critical, and will force our public servants to be held accountable, not a crowd full of civillians wishing for an autograph of their favourite celebrity.  it is pathetic.

Though, I suppose I'm living in a pipe dream right now wanting this because there is no way it will happen with our current post modern society as it exists today.  it is pathetic.

I guess I'm really bitching about journalists not really being journalists, or the mainstream media not really being fair and balanced...  bah.  it is pathetic.

[/whining]

[mindless-self-indulgence]

So, what, someone claps at a speech, so we shoot them?  Or just beat them up really badly?

What?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

wade

we cry?

it's just the way I see it that is all, maybe i am completely off base. I dont know.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Bruno

Formerly something else...