News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

college postergasm

Started by Iron Sulfide, October 22, 2008, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

for those of us at a college, there's something i thought of.

(perhaps not your college, but at mine) there is a "registry" requirement for any poster put up. at mine, it's a generic date stamp.

so if you have something similar on your campus, get a clean scan of the stamp, shop it with an appropriate removal date, and post as usual.

should increase the lifespan.

that's all. if anyone has any additional ideas along these lines, post them here:
Ya' stupid Yank.

LMNO

Work in the department/club that approves posters.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Prater Festwo on October 22, 2008, 07:12:51 PM
for those of us at a college, there's something i thought of.

(perhaps not your college, but at mine) there is a "registry" requirement for any poster put up. at mine, it's a generic date stamp.

so if you have something similar on your campus, get a clean scan of the stamp, shop it with an appropriate removal date, and post as usual.

should increase the lifespan.

that's all. if anyone has any additional ideas along these lines, post them here:

All ready done that.

For extra fun, change the removal date to something, like March 2012, Sep 10 2001, anything before 1500, etc.

"Did you hear?  The library is, like, haunted by a secret society.  There were all these posters up - but here's the weird thing: they had the Student Leadership and Involvement stamp on them.  But the date was like, the end of the world in the Mayan calendar.  :scared:"

(actual testimonial, paraphrased for bad memory)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

rong

i would appreciate seeing a poster that was just a giant "blow up" of the approval stamp.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 22, 2008, 07:20:12 PM
Work in the department/club that approves posters.

@ my school, such is run my administration, not student gov't.

fascists.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Triple Zero

perhaps there is fun to be had by taking off other posters, scanning them, removing the stamp, and putting back up? (a quick way to do it, would be a black & white photocopy, covering the stamp with a piece of paper)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iron Sulfide

000: to what end? they just get taken down.

maybe for the "official" fliers that get put up by student body groups that are officially recognized by the school and have paid for their space fairly...but as far as i know, indiscretions are not taken up with the groups that post fliers at all, they're just removed.

Ya' stupid Yank.

Golden Applesauce

NOTE:

If you do invite the student government association to go pranking with you, there's a good chance they'll call the cops on your ass.  Expect them to have "serious concerns."

<= learned this the hard way.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: GA on November 03, 2008, 03:10:06 AM
NOTE:

If you do invite the student government association to go pranking with you, there's a good chance they'll call the cops on your ass.  Expect them to have "serious concerns."

Ouch. Do nevar trust kids who are buddy-buddy with Teh System.

nostalgicBadger

You don't actually need to be involved in the club that approves flyers. Any club will do. There's a really simple trick I used to use all the time before I got too lazy and started using the thousands of pages I had accumulated that I was allowed to print via campus resources to replace every flyer that got torn down with ten or twenty more.

Probably what happens when you get a flyer approved is, you make copies after the stamp has been added, right? So get anything approved, scan it and isolate the stamp. Then add it to any flyer that you want to last. If you're competent with Photoshop, you could pretty easily rearrange the numbers in the date too. When you print the flyers with the forged stamp, it's just going to look like you made copies of a stamped original.

Of course, they'll figure it out eventually, so I would advise that you do this under the cover of darkness.
meh.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: GA on November 03, 2008, 03:10:06 AM
NOTE:

i recall suggesting the opposite of this.

oh, and...tough break.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

apparently, i scored bonus points by posting the above:

after i had posted it, two people came along and saw it while waiting for a class. i overheard one of them say that the student body gov't had been found to be using their funds rather grossly- and were being reviewed by the admin. board.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"