News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Overcoming Bias

Started by Triple Zero, November 01, 2008, 01:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

was talking with a collegue yesterday (a clever guy that's really interested in a lot of interesting stuff) about the Black Swan, turned out he read it too and had become a big fan of the ideas presented in it, he pointed me to an interesting blog:

http://robinhanson.typepad.com/overcomingbias/

i haven't had time to really read it yet, but i trust that it's got good stuff in it, and i thought some of you guys might be interested so i put it out here.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

I can't tell if he's serious or if he's taking the piss, but it's funny shit either way!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

Yeah, I've been linking to blog posts here and there from OB for a couple weeks now. Some really good stuff, other posts are over pretentious wanking.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Iason Ouabache

I discovered this blog recently too.  I've enjoyed reading the posts by Eliezer Yudkowsky. I linked to his article on ideology and Bose-Einstein Condensates in another thread.  This is a great post too: http://www.overcomingbias.com/2007/07/belief-in-belie.html
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘