News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

This thread is now about Furries, for some reason. Formerly: "So. Anonymous."

Started by Alfred Rhazi, November 07, 2008, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I think the difference lies in hating the individual or the actions of the individual.

For example, the misguided Christian may 'hate' the act of sodomy, but may still treat a homosexual as any other human being. I don't consider this bigotry.
OR
The misguided Christian may 'hate' fags. I do consider this bigotry.

RWHN may hate the acts of bigotry perpetrated by individuals associated with white supremacist groups.
OR
RWHN may hate all people associated with white supremacist groups.

etc.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BADGE OF HONOR

I still reserve the right to hate furries, though.  Fuck em.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

hooplala

I find Furries hilarious, personally.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 10, 2008, 08:45:49 PM
I still reserve the right to hate furries, though.  Fuck em.

So at Pennsic this year, I ran into a 15 year old furry... self identified. Yet, he seemed to consider the whole costume, yiffing etc to be disgusting and dumb. Apparently, in his view a furry is simply someone that really likes sexy anthropomorphic pictures. The other stuff is what the crazy furries do...

I had never considered this viewpoint before.

Further, I had to think moar... why do I dislike furries anyway. I mean as far as I can tell there are three major points to being a furry:

1. Enjoy Sexy Anthropomorphic Art
2. Enjoy orgies/group sex/some sort of non monogamy sex.
3. Likes to wear costumes while involved with No. 2

Number 1 doesn't bother me, because sexy art can be sexy if the artist is good... no matter what might be in the picture. I don't get off on it... but I don't see a problem there.

Number 2, I don't have a problem with... mostly cause its not all that different from my own choice in that area.

Number 3 is weird, but surely no more weird than what BDSM people wear, or sexy nurse outfits or sexy cheerleader outfits or any of the other outfits you can buy at Lion's Den.

So then, I have asked myself the question, why dislike furries... and I haven't come up with any reason other than prejudice.

Any ideas here? Am I missing something?

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: A Cad Quirked Florists Rotors on November 10, 2008, 09:01:02 PM
to fit in around here.

hey.... is 'Bondage Fairies' comic considered 'Furries'?
cause that comic is awesome.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Iptuous on November 10, 2008, 08:32:23 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 08, 2008, 12:34:43 PM
wrong.
hating someone for something they have chosen to do is not bigotry.
Otherwise, I'd be a bigot for hating white supremacists.

you're not?

Mr. Webster says:
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices  ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

so, although it is especially associated racial or ethnic groups, it is not limited to that.
oooor, i could stick my foot in shit and say that hating gay people is hating someone for something they have 'chosen' to do.....  :D

OK, then I'm a bigot for hating white supremacists.

ECH,
OK with that.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Iptuous on November 10, 2008, 09:07:15 PM
to fit in around here.

I hope not, cause one of my beautiful female friends is into bondage faeries and the other makes fairy wings for a Ren Faire business.... I have high hopes for a collision of concepts.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: A Cad Quirked Florists Rotors on November 07, 2008, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 09:59:18 PM
The minute Anonymous started to take itself seriously was the moment it became an ego-crutch for basement dwelling social misfits.  It was an interesting example of emergence and web-based organization, but there are other examples of that now.

PING!

In the hacker universe, there are lots of groups like anonymous, but they actually remain, well, anonymous. ;-)

YOU WIN THE THREAD! CONGRATULATIONS!

BADGE OF HONOR

Furries are into sexy animals because they don't have the social skills to make it with normal humans.  Again, fuck em.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Iptuous on November 10, 2008, 09:07:15 PM
to fit in around here.

SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Vene

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 10, 2008, 10:37:20 PM
Furries are into sexy animals because they don't have the social skills to make it with normal humans.  Again, fuck em.
How literally should I take this?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 10, 2008, 10:37:20 PM

I thought that too... but some people that I know who label themselves as 'furry' seem to be no worse off than anyone else socially... some even apparently have relationshiops outside their furry fetish.

I guess that's the question... why is this fetish 'worse' than the others?

the last yatto

yiffy isnt actually sex, dont they just  :fap: in their costumes while humping each other?

didnt someone important once say hate the sin not the sinner?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: YattoDobbs on November 10, 2008, 10:46:08 PM
yiffy isnt actually sex, dont they just  :fap: in their costumes while humping each other?

Yeah, but do you have any idea what they did to that guy? Srsly.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: YattoDobbs on November 10, 2008, 10:46:08 PM
yiffy isnt actually sex, dont they just  :fap: in their costumes while humping each other?

I dunno... I don't ask those questions... but since I have seen furry outfits (not being worn) which appear to have... access panels... I'd guess that sombunal yiffing goes further than the fap.

But again... what is the unacceptable bit... the 'sin'... It's weird, until recently I'd hadn't even consider it....