News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

How did you find Eris(and what did you do to her )

Started by Verthaine, April 15, 2004, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Cainad on April 01, 2008, 02:56:12 AM
Bugger off. Yuo linked to yuor blog, not to the Wikipedia page.

I didn't even know the Discordian Society was still alive when I started getting into it. I kept finding old, dead websites and thinking I was part of a very old, very dead joke. I was in it for lulz, but then I found out you spags here and at poee.co.uk had been beating it to death for years. I was humbled.

O mm hmm?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

OKAY I ADMIT IT

Baron von Hoopla is my personal Discordian prophet and led me down the path of Troof, and is the reason I am here.
Let that sink in... Cainad is here because of Hoopla... it's Hoopla's fault.

Backfire, ITT

hooplala

No no, don't try to drag me into your private epic fail; I simply found your curiously conspicuous denial rather amusing.

Please carry on...

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Requia ☣

When I met Eris she was pretending to be Buddha, which worked out well because I was pretending to be Buddhist at the time.

Well, it was working well until the angry mob showed up anyway.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

My friend showed me his copy of Principia Discordia when I was visiting him during Thanksgiving 04.  Bought a copy of the Steve Jackson Games version shortly after.  Read it a few times and larfed.  :lulz: Let it sit on my coffee table for a few months. A few people over at Fark suggested that I read The Illuminatus! Trilogy  :fnord: so I had my wife buy it for me for my birfday.  Ended up being a ReBirfday.  It freed me from the shackles of boring vanilla Christianity. I reread PD and found out that there was much troof in it.  I then schlepped around the internets for a few years, searching for fundies to poke with a spoon for locking me up in chains for so many years.   :pokewithstick: After I got bored with that, I ended up here you with you loons.  The End.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Back in the Retail Hell days my co-worker/friend Chuck Full-O-Pope kept quoting this little black book (SJGames PD).  The week before he had brought in THHGTG and was quoting from that.  We had lots of nyuks when we should've been selling plastic crap to people with too much disposable income on their hands. 

Anyhoo, he lent me the little black book while I was taking a trip to upstate NY to visit the in-laws.  As you can imagine, when one is visiting the in-laws, burying your face in a book can be but one way to maintain sanity and good humor.  So, I thought it was a ha-ha and more.  We formed the Maine Platypus Cabal, suckered another co-worker into joining.  Eventually Chuck and I both ended up here.  Chuck made all of 3 posts and flounced cause he didn't like you guys.  Haven't seen the guy in over a year.  Anyway, that's my story. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I just spontaneously materialized one day.

LMNO
-has told the story a few too many times already.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Chuck Full-O-Pope.  This guy:  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1020
I think he said he wasn't fond of all the political discussions.  I think we came on during a somewhat turbulent time on the board, I think that might've turned him off as well.  I'm more stubborn than he is I guess. 

hooplala

For some reason I thought you'd been here longer than me...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: Hoopla on April 01, 2008, 03:03:49 PM
For some reason I thought you'd been here longer than me...

It's been a long and strange trip indeed.