News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

The Newest HBO series "True Blood"

Started by The Dark Monk, November 18, 2008, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

I saw maybe 5 minutes of it.  That was about all I can stand, and I love vampires and werewolves and shit.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

I actually watched a couple of episodes of this.  Its not too bad.  Its certainly not genre-breaking brilliance either, but its been done at least halfway competently.

On the other hand, I find myself more interested in minor characters than I do in the main plot, so maybe that is a warning sign.

LMNO

I like the show.

It's campy goth noir, and there are plenty of boobs.

Also, the plot has gotten pretty far away from the books, which is ok, because (at least the first two books I read), the books are pretty poorly written.  Not as bad as Twilight, though.

And, I must repeat: Boobs.

Cain

I mainly like Tara whenever she has to deal with a customer.

LMNO

Idem

I could kinda stand the first 4 episodes, but it just got really really boring.

Cain

He's pretty awesome too.  But Tara's opening scene was epic.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2008, 10:01:59 PM
VAMPIRES IN LOUISIANA AND LOVE STORIES BETWEEN MORTALS AND VAMPIRES ARE TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Also, vampires that look like Fabio?

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

It's a good show.  As far as it goes, anyway.  What LMNO said is true--it's not true to the books at all.  But it's entertaining in the extreme.

And lots of blood + sex. 

Jenne

Quote from: Idem on September 24, 2009, 04:54:07 PM
I could kinda stand the first 4 episodes, but it just got really really boring.

I have to agree with this assessment--I think the 2d season followed along plotlines faster and kept you better engaged mid-season than the 1st one did.

Cain

Actually, a program I have recently liked is Sons of Anarchy.  Organized crime, bikers, Nazis and a plot based on Hamlet.  What more could you want?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
Actually, a program I have recently liked is Sons of Anarchy.  Organized crime, bikers, Nazis and a plot based on Hamlet.  What more could you want?

Um.  Nothing.  That's perfect.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

And it stars the dude from City of Lost Children and Hellboy.  Ron something.

Second season of True Blood has a scene where two hot vampires fuck in the blood of their victims.

I mean, wow.  OMNIFAP.

Jenne

The near-beastiality orgy plays a dominant role in the second season as well. 

Pariah

Quote from: LMNO on September 24, 2009, 07:12:44 PM
And it stars the dude from City of Lost Children and Hellboy.  Ron something.

Jeremy?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!