News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Fucking Monkeys

Started by Vene, November 20, 2008, 02:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

They probably believe you shouldn't trust doctors to treat meningitis, ectopic pregnancy, or toxic epidermal necrolysis, either.

Bad science ruffles my feathers, but bad medical science hits a special nerve for me, probably because my mom is a doctor. Shit like this doesn't just make people ignorant; it can actually kill schlubs too stupid to know better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on November 21, 2008, 03:46:55 AM
They probably believe you shouldn't trust doctors to treat meningitis, ectopic pregnancy, or toxic epidermal necrolysis, either.

Bad science ruffles my feathers, but bad medical science hits a special nerve for me, probably because my mom is a doctor. Shit like this doesn't just make people ignorant; it can actually kill schlubs too stupid to know better.

Can, and does.

It strikes a nerve for me quite deeply because someone I care about very much almost died from bad alternative medicine, and the "doctor" that almost killed him is still practicing, with no repercussions at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

BUMP because I had to share this stupidity:

http://www.whale.to/
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Kai

wow.

Its like totse, or I should say it feels like totse, except its all shit and worthless.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

Quote from: Kai on November 20, 2008, 10:37:23 PM
Dumb people. Radiation therapy or chemotherapy, whatever you want to call it, works because cancer cells are runaway trains that don't have much internal reparative stability. When other cells get wacked by alpha and beta particles, they go into repair cycles but cancer cells have a harder time doing this. This is incidentaly why radiation therapy makes you sick, because the body is putting its energy into repairing and away from other processes like digestion (inducing nausea) and hair growth (making your hair fall out).

Aren't chemo and radiation therapy different?

Edit: Yeah, chemo is a drug, can't verify, but i think its a free radical, which is the class of chemicals radiation causes, and what does most of the damage.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

\

Vene

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 31, 2009, 09:49:41 PM
BUMP because I had to share this stupidity:

http://www.whale.to/
You really hate me, don't you.  You know, when I actually spent time arguing with creationists I would say stuff like 'germ theory is only a theory too' I didn't realize that there were people out there who thought that was a hoax too.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the reaction I got to the periodic table (I think Iason remembers this).

For everybody else, I had this image in my signature:

And apparently one of the creotards got it in his head that there really is a problem with the periodic table and it's not reliable.  I have never before seen somebody miss the point so badly.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Iason Ouabache

:lulz:  I miss that pic, Vene.  BTW, I've been on Yahoo Answers again lately and someone suggested that I read a book by Malcolm Bowden.  I think you'll enjoy this: 

http://tinyurl.com/cowhxf
    \

Vene

I hate you.  I fucking hate you so much.

Kai

Quote from: Requiem on January 31, 2009, 11:02:31 PM
Quote from: Kai on November 20, 2008, 10:37:23 PM
Dumb people. Radiation therapy or chemotherapy, whatever you want to call it, works because cancer cells are runaway trains that don't have much internal reparative stability. When other cells get wacked by alpha and beta particles, they go into repair cycles but cancer cells have a harder time doing this. This is incidentaly why radiation therapy makes you sick, because the body is putting its energy into repairing and away from other processes like digestion (inducing nausea) and hair growth (making your hair fall out).

Aren't chemo and radiation therapy different?

Edit: Yeah, chemo is a drug, can't verify, but i think its a free radical, which is the class of chemicals radiation causes, and what does most of the damage.

Yeah, radiation (alpha and beta particles; I doubt gamma particles are used) and free radicals (essentially rogue high energy electrons) cause havoc when they pass through a cell, essentially tearing holes in structure, organelles and DNA. Thats why neither of those things are good for you, cause they damage your cell structure. On the other hand, if you have cancer they might just save your life cause your normal cells heal much better and faster than your cancer cells.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

Iason Ouabache

\