News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Dirtytime on December 01, 2008, 03:12:49 PM
Dogfish Head is, IMO, the best brewery in America.
I like Dogfish head, but my favorite American brewery would be either Ommegang or Founders.  I would also have to give lots of gold stars to Deschutes, Fort Collins, Duck Rabbit, Brooklyn, and Lost Coast.  I also like the beer that comes out of the brewery in my garage, but that opinion is a bit biased.

Quote from: DirtytimeThat's not as strong a statement as it sounds like because the fact is that 99.9% of American beer sucsk rancid goat balls, even the stuff that's supposed to be good.
There's a lot of crappy imports too.  Now that In-Bev has bought AB, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

side note:

theobroma+a nice piece of robusto cheese= JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dale's Pale Ale (an IPA)

It comes in a can. Yes. A can.
(also in bottles and keg)

This one from Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery was given an overall B+ by raters at Beeradvocate.com

I'd give it an A.
It has a nice deep orange color and nice bitter, hoppy floral aroma. It's well balanced and at 6.5%, not bad.
It's pretty cheap at about 1.80 a can or 8.99 per 6pack at the places here that sell it. The can itself is kinda cute in a "patriotic" sorta way. But I have to say, it's the best beer in a can I've ever had.
They also make one called "Old Chub" (8%ABV) which is kind of a meal and "Gordon" (8.7%ABV) which I haven't had yet (but will).

Overall I'd say, if you can get it, TRY IT, it's unbelievably good considering.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Squid on August 06, 2009, 07:03:28 AM
Dale's Pale Ale (an IPA)

It comes in a can. Yes. A can.
(also in bottles and keg)

This one from Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery was given an overall B+ by raters at Beeradvocate.com

I'd give it an A.
It has a nice deep orange color and nice bitter, hoppy floral aroma. It's well balanced and at 6.5%, not bad.
It's pretty cheap at about 1.80 a can or 8.99 per 6pack at the places here that sell it. The can itself is kinda cute in a "patriotic" sorta way. But I have to say, it's the best beer in a can I've ever had.
They also make one called "Old Chub" (8%ABV) which is kind of a meal and "Gordon" (8.7%ABV) which I haven't had yet (but will).

Overall I'd say, if you can get it, TRY IT, it's unbelievably good considering.

All Oskar Blues beers are praise worthy, even Mama's Little Yellow Pils, but Gordon's takes the whole shit, those things are so fucking good. Dale's, IMO, is a close second (but I haven't had the Old Chub yet).
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm not a big fan of pilsners, but I intent to try the Gordon's this weekend.
Of course it's 3.99 a can, but you know... whatever.
Good beer is expensive.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Squid on August 06, 2009, 05:48:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of pilsners, but I intent to try the Gordon's this weekend.
Of course it's 3.99 a can, but you know... whatever.
Good beer is expensive.

I hear you, I dislike pilsners as well, but Oskar Blues does not fuck around with anything. Gordon's=Can O' Bliss, Satisfy ya'
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't understand the "hates Pilsners" perspective, except that maybe when you live in a warmer climate there are few microbrew pils available as they're more expensive to produce as they're cold brewed. A good Pilsner is so fucking amazing in the summer. I've been loving the Caldera pils... not too sweet, good barley flavor, lightly hopped, and just enough wheat to give it fullness.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had three Boont's Ambers tonight. I've been tiring of the overhopped ales driven by Oregon's intense hop-farming industry lately, so it was really nice to drink a dryer, less-hopped ale.

LMNO

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 07, 2009, 08:00:29 AM
I can't understand the "hates Pilsners" perspective, except that maybe when you live in a warmer climate there are few microbrew pils available as they're more expensive to produce as they're cold brewed. A good Pilsner is so fucking amazing in the summer. I've been loving the Caldera pils... not too sweet, good barley flavor, lightly hopped, and just enough wheat to give it fullness.

This.  Just because the major brands fall under the "pilsner" label doesn't mean that all pilsners taste like Coors.

learn2drink

Jenne

I've had Old Chub--it's pretty tasty.  Also, IPAs tend to be my choice when there's no Hef around.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on August 07, 2009, 12:51:59 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 07, 2009, 08:00:29 AM

This.  Just because the major brands fall under the "pilsner" label doesn't mean that all pilsners taste like Coors.

learn2drink

Fucking really???
I don't like hominy either. Should I go throw myself into traffic for my dislike of lye soaked corn??
I've had many a pilsner and I was born in Germany, land of fucking pilsner.
I like like ales. Is that wrong?
Wait... I don't care much for stouts either. HOLY SHIT I should lern 2 drink.

See how ridiculous that sounds. My tastebuds differ from yours. Doesn't make me a retard so I'll thank you to not make me sound like one.

LMNO

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz:

ETA: Can't now. You already win