News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Therefore, the gods are DICKS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 15, 2008, 11:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Eh well, whoever the fuck you are, and I thought you were the Baron, but anyway....  I like it!! 

I tend to agree there is a "special someone" out there for many of us.  I also believe if you are looking for them, you rarely find them.  That person is always an accident!

hooplala

A note: I did not write this piece, but I like it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ternechto

Quote from: You guys are fucking up my chi. on December 17, 2008, 06:36:15 PM
It's not very hard once you figure out that I'm not who I appear to be, which is obvious to people who are on the board regularly but not to drop-in visitors.
Like me, and now I'm completely lost and afraid for my safety.

Brotep

Quote from: You guys are fucking up my chi. on December 17, 2008, 06:36:15 PM
It's not very hard once you figure out that I'm not who I appear to be, which is obvious to people who are on the board regularly but not to drop-in visitors.
Who do you appear to be?

Quote from: ternechto on December 18, 2008, 12:22:34 AM
Like me, and now I'm completely lost and afraid for my safety.
Shoulda paid the OnStar activation fee, dude.

indifferent betty

I shed a tear for the OP. Well put good sir/madam/meatpile.
This is from personal experience, rather than observation, right?
-----------------
-I don't need intelligent drugs Tom, because I don't know what they are.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anton LaGay on December 18, 2008, 01:30:32 AM
Who do you appear to be?

At the moment I appear to be some sort of fucked-up Ten Ton Mantis hybrid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: cosmic spagtazm on December 18, 2008, 02:07:25 AM
I shed a tear for the OP. Well put good sir/madam/meatpile.
This is from personal experience, rather than observation, right?

Thank you. Yes, also see: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18905.0

Brotep

Quote from: You guys are fucking up my chi. on December 18, 2008, 02:07:32 AM
At the moment I appear to be some sort of fucked-up Ten Ton Mantis hybrid.
You mean, you're not?  Sadness.   :kingmeh:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I hate the concept of a predefined single perfect match for this reason precisely. Without some deity manipulating circumstances to cause the meeting of the two perfect matches, statistically it would probably never happen, and if some deity IS manipulating the circumstances, then they SUCK and should be KILLED for being so sadistic.

I support the idea that imperfect matches become more perfect via feedback loops operating on the subconscious level, since this seems to be the prevailing idea in cognitive science, and it's something I've personally actively tested with very strange experiments involving subliminal messages and neurotransmitter-amphetamine combos.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Enki nobody over 15 believes in "One True Love" so STFU already.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Primrose on January 09, 2009, 02:57:17 AM

I don't either. However, your wording in the original post implied that that was the subject. I apologize for taking it literally; I was merely trying to explain why I believe that philosophy to be a primarily despair-oriented one, under the impression that it was the literal subject of the allegory.

As I stated, I think that the only practical hypothesis is that of feedback loops contributing to homeostasis.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

it's in the rant section Dippy McDippington.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Primrose on December 15, 2008, 11:27:22 PM
I believe that sometimes, the gods make people who are so different from the usual mold that it is a challenge for them to simply live a normal life.

And they say, This one will have a hard time in life, they will see more and feel more, and it will make them love us more closely, because they will understand the nature of reality a little more keenly.

And they take these ones for themselves, and make them very different from others, though they seek to live the same kinds of lives.

They live as best they can, struggling, and many people love them, but they always feel a little lonely, and not quite find a pure meeting of minds.

The gods say, I will take and take this one, and he will be a complement to this other one, but they will not meet soon in life. They will have to wait until life has overcome them, and they have learned from it.

They will meet many others who admire them and want to be close with them for a while, who will love them and have good things together, but they will not be able to meet and be truly happy together; they are not the complement to this one.

After a time the unusual ones become guarded and close, they become fearful, and not able to give themselves wholly, because they have given themselves, and not been wholly accepted; they have not found their complement. If they were to open themselves and ask the gods, What am I do do? They would receive their answer, but they have closed themselves and cannot hear it until they open again.

But when they open again, they will hear the answer, when they have learned enough for them to know their complement. Even though life has been difficult, when they are ready and they have struggled through obstacles and become strong enough in living to be able to know their partner, this part of life will open and they will recognize their helpmeet, the one who is loved enough by their own gods to be the complete match for them, the one who will love them for all the unusual qualities they hold, nourish them and hold them in all their wholeness, and when this happens all parts of their life and consciousness, and everyone they touch, will be richer.

I liked this.  A bunch.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki-][ on January 09, 2009, 03:45:03 AM
Quote from: Primrose on January 09, 2009, 02:57:17 AM

I don't either. However, your wording in the original post implied that that was the subject. I apologize for taking it literally; I was merely trying to explain why I believe that philosophy to be a primarily despair-oriented one, under the impression that it was the literal subject of the allegory.

As I stated, I think that the only practical hypothesis is that of feedback loops contributing to homeostasis.

:wtf:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.