News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Woke up this morning...

Started by Studio13Massacre, April 21, 2004, 07:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio13Massacre

This morning, [Afternoon, I stand corrected] my eyes opened painfully to the spring sun of Connecticut. I moaned, listened intently for some sign of life in my place of residence, and found, there was none. As I continued out of bed, [a rare ocurance] my intake of breath was hindered by a wheeze that is now comparable to a vacuum from the late 1950's. Misty-eyed, I looked, unexpecting of anything new, around my room [something that is often mistaken as a dump for unwanted or unused trinkits and grabage of any sort]. I cursed as a pin entered the sole of my foot, and pulled it out and discarded it back onto my floor. Decending the stairs, I slipped hit my head, and passed out for who knows how long. As my eyes came into focus, I saw three post-its on the kitchen door and red them. All three were from my family members explaining where they were going and how they wern't coming back until the next day. I sighed, and I picked up the phone to call my friend. I'm sure the reciever of my "hello" was quickly taken aback from the demonic sound of my voice. I quickly hung up, knowing my ability to speak was lessened by about 99%. Now, here I am, with the company of myself. My canine friend is here, but she only knows of the company of her crotch and her tounge, and my existance is virtually unknown as she basks in the sun pouring through the windows sleeping soundly with her best friends available at anytime she feels alone. I should really learn from my dog the meaning of happiness...Ignorance is possibly the answer...But there are many forms of ignorance: for example: Drugs. Yes, they do make you forget your problems for a bit, but then you come back to reality stoned, and often feeling very sick to your stomach. There are anti-depressants, in which I have been prescibed for too long, and have been proven meaningless by the many hospital visits and pumpings of stomachs. I could just go insane. There is this quote that does explain my hypothesis:

"'Insane people give me hope'...The insane have decided to stay on'...'They love life so much, that rather than destroy it, they go behind a self-made wall to hide. Pretend not to hear, but do hear. Pretend not to see, but see. Insanity says: I hate living but love life. Hate rules, but do like me. So rather than drop in graves I hide out. Not in liquor not in bed under sheets, nor in a needles prick or snuffs of white powder, but in madness. On my own shelf, in my own rafters, under my own silent roof. So, yeah, insane people give me hope. Courage to go on being sane and alive always with the cure at hand, should I ever tire and need it: madness.'" -Ray Bradbury, A Graveyard for Lunatics

So now what? Madness> Do I even dare?!
-Jedicai

"...Under heaven all can see beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness.
All can know good as good only because there is evil.
Therefore having and not having arise together.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
Long and short contrast each other:
High and low rest upon each other;
Voice and sound harmonize each other;
Front and back follow one another.
Therefore the sage goes about doing nothing, teaching no-talking.
The ten thousand things rise and fall without cease
Creating, yet not.
Working, yet not taking credit.
Work is done, then forgotten
Therefore it lasts forever..."-Tao Te Ching

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Studio13MassacreSo now what? Madness> Do I even dare?!

It did ME a world of good.

Besides, if you don't like the madness you obtain, you can always trade it in for a different one.

Of course, this depends.  We don't need any more Ted Bundys...

BTW:  If you are on anti-depressants, stay on them.  There's crazy, and misery-crazy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

I guess I must be mad then...

Never wanted to hide, I'm not the type

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDI guess I must be mad then...

Why hide when you can entertain yourself on the reactions you get from others?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDI guess I must be mad then...

Why hide when you can entertain yourself on the reactions you get from others?

Well, I've been considering more and more lately getting into comedy... I'm more improv than stand-up though...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

You should come out here to go to open-mics with me.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Penumbral

I'v gone mad. That is where I have been for the last month. Im still there but a bit more coeherint. Enougho to type, enough to write, enough to fight.
Can't think of much else now. I have been on the compouter for days. I have a parden from school.  So here I am talking to myself though a computer, but in all truth I do feel moore free.