News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Intermittens #5

Started by hooplala, December 18, 2008, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Yάttᶿ on April 10, 2009, 12:35:29 PM
maybe calling dibs gives you say 15 days of exclusivity
(how many days do editors really need?)
after which you need a pention to be extended

That actually sounds reasonable. Maybe 30 days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

goood that said id like to be the first pention
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 09, 2009, 12:54:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2009, 03:44:16 AM
Quote from: Cainad on April 08, 2009, 08:07:57 PM
It's done.

http://tinyurl.com/intermittens5 <---- CLICKY CLICKY

It's amazing.

:mittens:

However, the heresies #1 has now been published 3 times, and I hate 5s, so that's it.  No mas.  THE GRAVY TRAIN HAS REACHED THE END OF THE FUCKING LINE.  Instead, I will be happy to write specifically for upcoming issues, topic to be determined by you, the editors, and might even have something to do with what I actually write.  If this is unacceptable, please inform me by mail with a SASE, so I can track you down, kick off your head, and shit 30 pounds or so of my vile, parasite-infested feces into your esophagus.

Why the fuck would anyone be an editor?  Just asking.

TGRR,
Mystified by masochists.

I has just the very commission for you. You know what the BOtSG did for the bible? How do you think you'd fare doing something similar for new-age/wicca/cabala/myticism?

I'm looking for one page worth of every ridiculous claim that Gerald Gardiner or Elrond Hubbard ever made, but made even more ridiculous if poss. How discordianism can help if your astral plane is hijacked by terrurists or how we can supply you with sigils that make you bulletproof... I'm thinking of every ad I ever saw for "The Secret" and "What the $£%^$@"

Also some quantum theory might help add some credibility.

Um.  That sounds like WORK.

Let me think about it for a day or three.  In any case, I can't commit to that until I finish the manual.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

In light of recent disputes over licensing and money concerns, I will state my position as editor of this issue as clearly as I can:

As with all issues of Intermittens, issue #5 is to be freely distributed as an online PDF. Anyone can host it and post links as long as editorship and authorship is properly credited (i.e. don't edit the PDF to remove or change names).

Under no circumstances will I sell issue #5 for any price, either as a print copy or on a CD or some other digital medium. If I distribute issue #5 in real life it will be entirely at my own expense. If someone wants to sell a print copy of issue #5 for any price whatsoever, speak with myself and the authors first to discuss terms. I personally will accept selling issue #5 for a price equal to or less than the cost of printing, but if any of the contributors object then the person looking to sell will have to negotiate with said contributors.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2009, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on April 09, 2009, 11:40:33 PM
Quote from: Yάttᶿ on April 09, 2009, 09:37:35 AM
or you took too long. wasnt your issue supposted to be out before jake day?
Um, no.  The month I listed was May 2009.

And besides, Jake Day is "traditionally" either April 6 (23 Discord) or May 23 (50 Discord).  Either way, this issue came out before or very close to Jake Day.

But in any case, what happened happened.  Right now some of us spags are working on a solution to this little problem so it can be prevented in the future.

You want to use one of these?:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=17983.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15381.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=15380.0

Apologies if someone else already used one, I honestly have not been keeping track at all.
I claim Mutton Chops for Intermittens: Operation Mindfuck.  It did a mindfuck on me.

And I have to ask, how could the same person have possibly written all three pieces?  Either you're really strange, or you're very creative.

Triple Zero

I'm pretty sure she's both ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel