News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

This dude has the Mojo.

Started by Telarus, December 25, 2008, 01:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Posing as a Bidder, Utah Student Disrupts Government Auction of 150,000 Acres of Wilderness for Oil & Gas Drilling

http://i3.democracynow.org/2008/12/22/posing_as_a_bidder_utah_student

QuoteIn a national broadcast exclusive, University of Utah student Tim DeChristopher explains how he "bought" 22,000 acres of land in an attempt to save the property from drilling. The sale had been strongly opposed by many environmental groups. Stephen Bloch of the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance said, "This is the fire sale, the Bush administration's last great gift to the oil and gas industry."

Transcript at the link.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

Quote from: Telarus on December 25, 2008, 01:34:19 AM
Posing as a Bidder, Utah Student Disrupts Government Auction of 150,000 Acres of Wilderness for Oil & Gas Drilling

http://i3.democracynow.org/2008/12/22/posing_as_a_bidder_utah_student

QuoteIn a national broadcast exclusive, University of Utah student Tim DeChristopher explains how he "bought" 22,000 acres of land in an attempt to save the property from drilling. The sale had been strongly opposed by many environmental groups. Stephen Bloch of the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance said, "This is the fire sale, the Bush administration's last great gift to the oil and gas industry."

Transcript at the link.

:lulz: Thats AWESOME. And now they'll never get auctioned off because they can't auction until a month later and Bush et al. will be gone by then.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

This is the Correct Motorcycle.

I wonder what would happen if an enterprising group of net savvy geeks took this cause and built a site to pay for all that land under the condition that it remain protected? I mean, they could drown forums and chat rooms with the ads...

February would give them 45 - 60 days to make it happen....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

CynicalCichilid

Tim DeChristopher has so much mojo it hurts. I wonder if he knows how many people would now happily:

a) FEED HIM.
b) CLOTHE HIM.
c) SERENADE HIM.
d) OFFER BODY TO HIM.

It's insulting how George W. Bush has spent his time as president showing us how much more stupid, ruthless and untrustworthy he can be. He should have been impeached a long time ago to show future presidents that they can't get away with this crap.

I didn't know about this auction, it comes as a bit of a blow after watching this inspiring video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AHs2Ugxo7-8 (The Liquid Flouride Thorium Reactor: What Fusion Wanted To Be).

Quote from: Kai on December 25, 2008, 06:37:45 AM
:lulz: Thats AWESOME. And now they'll never get auctioned off because they can't auction until a month later and Bush et al. will be gone by then.

According to one of the articles, the bidders are allowed to withdraw their bids if they're upset with being 'ripped off'. They can stick with it if they want. If they can't do it a second time, won't they just roll back the bidding to the last authentic bidder?

Telarus

Tim actually achieved 2 separate things.

He 'actually bought' a whole bunch of acreage, which he can't pay for. These are the acres that cannot be 'resold' for 30 days (past the point where Obama will change the BLM management).

He also drove up prices of parcels of acres that the oil companies (and whoever) bought. These are the auctions that the winners can 'cry foul' about and return them, or live with the price they paid for them.

I think you've mixed these two accomplishments up a little.

QuoteTim DeChristopher has so much mojo it hurts. I wonder if he knows how many people would now happily:

a) FEED HIM.
b) CLOTHE HIM.
c) SERENADE HIM.
d) OFFER BODY TO HIM.

LOL, I totally agree.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!