News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

The Black Iron DUNGEON vs the Black Iron PRISON

Started by Cain, December 26, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fomenter on February 18, 2009, 05:32:48 PM
enki and i are bouncing around the lego model, its still very green but with lots of GSP potential i will attempt a submission but i think the idea needs to be more fully developed before its in a usable shape.

I agree...

GET THE FUCK BACK TO WORK YOU SPAG! WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE INSTEAD OF FIXING THAT METAPHOR?

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Why is it green?  It should be purple.  Obviously everyone's concept of LEGOs has them being purple, not green.  Come on!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

fomenter

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 18, 2009, 05:47:08 PM
Why is it green?  It should be purple.  Obviously everyone's concept of LEGOs has them being purple, not green.  Come on!

the metaphor is green (wet behind the ears) the legos are obviously purple or

:?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

AFK

But the thread says it is the Green LEGO Prison.

So, you must like be talking about the Alt. Green LEGO Prison, which has the LEGOs being purple. 

Cainad (dec.)

Also, LEGO implies that you're going to spend ten minutes at a time digging through the box for that one piece you saw a billion times but can't find now that you actually need it.

WHY DOES YOUR METAPHOR NOT ACCOUNT FOR THIS? :argh!:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I used the colour green because it is sometimes said to represent growth. Also, when you pronounce GLP you get "GULP"

Btw, "MODEL FUCKING AGNOSTICISM" is a really awesome double-entendre.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cainad on February 18, 2009, 05:52:36 PM

Also, LEGO implies that you're going to spend ten minutes at a time digging through the box for that one piece you saw a billion times but can't find now that you actually need it.

You mean that you have the entirety of the Principia booklet and the BIP booklet memorized?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cainad (dec.)

If you're going to use green to imply growth, that implies that the LEGO blocks themselves are growing, which totally doesn't happen. Your metaphor is mired in Cartesian BUTTSLOLism!
  \
:goatse:

:wink:

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 18, 2009, 05:54:46 PM

You mean that you have the entirety of the Principia booklet and the BIP booklet memorized?

AFK

Maybe you should consider using Lincoln Logs. 

fomenter

cainad = DK  :lulz:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 18, 2009, 06:01:44 PM
Maybe you should consider using Lincoln Logs. 

Lincoln logs cannot be programmed in a very rough approximation of pre-ansi C, nor do they have 2k of onboard memory. Obviously, they will not be enough for everyone.

Cainad (dec.)

IF I CAN'T EXTEND THE METAPHOR TO ACCOUNT FOR EVERY SINGLE FUCKING REAL-LIFE ASPECT OF IT, I'LL SHIT MY PANTS AND ALSO IT MEANS I'M SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU FUCKS

Wow, I can see why DK does this; it's fun. I'm going to stop before I get addicted.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fomenter on February 18, 2009, 05:49:09 PM

the metaphor is green (wet behind the ears) the legos are obviously purple or

:?

*Rat falls over dead from the LOL*

Phineas T. Poxwattle

"buttslolipsism" - the official philosophical framework of 2009

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk