News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Jan. 1st.

Started by Raphaella, January 10, 2009, 09:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

My boyfriend's birthday, he wanted to do something pretty fucking awesome. He decided to break this steel bar by bending it in half one way, un-bending it and then bending it back again till it split apart. He bends these things by hand. This is one of his hobbies, he usually just bends nails, horseshoes, and bars but this time.. it was personal.
I think the pics of this feat are pretty fucking cool looking so I thought I would share even though It's not MY accomplishment.

This took him about three hours to do, the bar did get pretty hot there in the middle. (We also made a cake.)
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Payne

You guys know how to have fun.

Cramulus

yo that looks like an 18/00 strength if I ever did see it. bad ass!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe it's because i'm not a guy but i can't help thinking that bending steel bars with your hands for no other reason but to bend them is the dumbest hobby ever.

Nothing personal.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

If I recall, he makes decorative stuff with it as well.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

Yeah he dose sculpture. They are looking pretty cool too because now we have been getting them powder coated. I'll see if I can find some good pics of the colored ones.
He has lots of other hobbies, this one is more for strength training. It's kinda a mind over matter thing It's fine though if you find it silly.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Raphaella

I found them. The red and black one is not powder coated, we just painted it and that did not turn out well at all. But yeah here are some of his sculptures.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The sculptures are cool - i like them.

i was thinking about taking up breaking sticks for a hobby though.  :lulz: Just to be able to tell people that's what i do for fun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

I don't know how you could find time for breaking up sticks between all the beads and writing and other stuff. If only though...  :wink:

Seriously it's not like he dose this for no reason. He has been and always shall be intrigued by altered states of mind. The fight or flight reflex, the one that tells a mother that she can and will lift a car to save her child. Most notably though the berserker fighters of whom it was said dosent afraid of anything. He feels that it is just a state of mind and that one can go there by will. This perhaps helps hone this will, or even if it dose not it's still pretty neat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

if i do start breaking sticks i'll be sure to post pics.

Suu

Quote from: Primrose on January 11, 2009, 05:49:19 PM
if i do start breaking sticks i'll be sure to post pics.

That sounds like potential fun for the whole family!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

it would be awesome to have a hobby i can share with the kids!

indifferent betty

Quote from: Primrose on January 12, 2009, 03:46:08 AM

try screaming.
-----------------
-I don't need intelligent drugs Tom, because I don't know what they are.

HRD Frederick T Fowyer

Quote from: indifferent betty on January 12, 2009, 03:50:38 AM
Quote from: Primrose on January 12, 2009, 03:46:08 AM

try screaming.

I don't think it counts if the kids try it first.

Cool looking sculptures, though, btw.
I held the sugar cube, I looked at the sugar cube, I wondered when I was going to eat the sugar cube. Then I remember nothing, but the sugar cube was gone, and I had a funny taste in my mouth.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

you should take up catfish wresling, nigel