News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Typo in the PD?

Started by Pinko, January 16, 2009, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinko

QuoteThe first asked the second who the man was sitting there was.

That's on page 00005 of the PD, and I'm not sure if it was meant to be there, if it's a typo, or if no one even really cares and that's part of what makes the PD special.  :)

Just thought I'd bring some attention to it.

Fuquad

The Principia Discordia , meaning "The Principles of Strife", deviates from correct Latin which would read Principia Discordiæ.

There's a typo on the cover.

one can pretty much assume that will be more inside.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Cainad (dec.)

No, it's a sentence that's been condensed and therefore sounds a little funny.

A clearer phrasing would be:

The first man asked the second man, "Who is the fellow sitting there?"

Also, :wave: Welcome to PD.com, we're all horrible nasty people here, and check out the Operation Mindfuck, Or Kill Me, and Think For Yourself, Schmuck! subforums for our cool stuff. Oh, and there's a pool on the roof.

Pinko

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. Did a search in the PD forums and didn't see anything, so figured I might as well post it just in case, you know?

And thanks for the welcome! I've been reading occasionally for the past several months, so I somewhat know my way around.

Iason Ouabache

Lurkers always frighten me.   :scared:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

The first rule of PD is never talk about the PD. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 17, 2009, 11:47:42 AM
The first rule of PD is never talk about the PD. 

And of course a good Discordian would never break the rules. :mrgreen:

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Pinko on January 16, 2009, 10:36:58 PM
QuoteThe first asked the second who the man was sitting there was.

That's on page 00005 of the PD, and I'm not sure if it was meant to be there, if it's a typo, or if no one even really cares and that's part of what makes the PD special.  :)

Just thought I'd bring some attention to it.

What edition do you have?  Page 00005 of my book says, "Oh baby, you are soo big! Fill me with your hot manly manliness! I want..."  Oops. Wrong book.

Seriously, page 00005 of my PD says, "The first asked the second who the man sitting there was."  Maybe your edition has a typo.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cainad (dec.)

Oh wait, that extra "was" IS a typo. LOL.

Reginald Ret

I've been thinking about making another version of the pd (another one?!? yes, stfu) that has lots of fluff taken out and i will keep an eye out for typo's too.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on January 23, 2009, 10:02:07 PM
I've been thinking about making another version of the pd (another one?!? yes, stfu) that has lots of fluff taken out and i will keep an eye out for typo's too.

What kinda fluff? All the additional forewords and afterwords?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

By fluff i mean the things i did not understand.
I have decided to not make a new version of my own for two reasons:
1) http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=19203.0
2) I am lazy.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on January 24, 2009, 12:59:49 AM
Quote from: Regret on January 23, 2009, 10:02:07 PM

What kinda fluff? All the additional forewords and afterwords?

Is it wrong that I didn't particularly care for the GIANT freaking foreword at the beginning of Syn's version?

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!