News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse #3: The Badlands

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 20, 2009, 02:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Heather and Frank missed The Great Coffee House Incident...But that's all they missed, and they ain't coming back.  Despite all the lies I told them about Fayetteville, they left anyway.  Imagine that...they did not listen to their spiritual advisor.  Oh, well...I may have lied to them, but they will learn the hideous truth soon enough.

But that leaves me alone in The Badlands.  A town full of the broke, the desperate, and the soon to be broke and desperate.  It's easy to see how bad the economy is, here; we lost 50,000 jobs in October/November alone, and there's only 500,000 people in the city proper.  Anyone who CAN leave is hauling up stakes and fleeing across the desert, looking for a place where the rising water is still just a rumor.

But not me.  This is my city, and for good or for ill, I will ride her down in flames.  I will stomp and shit and puke blood all over this miserable hellhole until either I bust a vein, or someone actually kills me.  Most people, at least the people around me, do not understand this.  For example, Coffee Bean asked me why the hell I don't pull up stakes and move somewhere with more vegetation and less meth heads.  What could I say?  That sometimes you have to see the failure up close, to really see The Truth?  That a meaningless white bread suburban existence is not only a lie in these times, it's a BORING lie.

Then there's the fact that this place gets into your blood (not unlike syphilis).  Once you've lived in the high desert, it's very hard to leave...not because you LIKE the place, but because you literally can't leave.  It's like someone turned up the fucking gravity, and we're all stuck to the ground with our faces all mashed flat, helplessly pooping on the carpet.

I have spoken in the past about The Lost Highway.  Well, this is where that highway ends.  This is the place where DREAMS COME TO DIE.  These are The Badlands, and may God have mercy on our souls...because the high desert won't.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

The area you live would be gorgeous, if it weren't for all the fucking people.

Still just as deadly though.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

indigoblade

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2009, 02:59:50 AM
Heather and Frank missed The Great Coffee House Incident...But that's all they missed, and they ain't coming back.  Despite all the lies I told them about Fayetteville, they left anyway.  Imagine that...they did not listen to their spiritual advisor.  Oh, well...I may have lied to them, but they will learn the hideous truth soon enough.

But that leaves me alone in The Badlands.  A town full of the broke, the desperate, and the soon to be broke and desperate.  It's easy to see how bad the economy is, here; we lost 50,000 jobs in October/November alone, and there's only 500,000 people in the city proper.  Anyone who CAN leave is hauling up stakes and fleeing across the desert, looking for a place where the rising water is still just a rumor.

But not me.  This is my city, and for good or for ill, I will ride her down in flames.  I will stomp and shit and puke blood all over this miserable hellhole until either I bust a vein, or someone actually kills me.  Most people, at least the people around me, do not understand this.  For example, Coffee Bean asked me why the hell I don't pull up stakes and move somewhere with more vegetation and less meth heads.  What could I say?  That sometimes you have to see the failure up close, to really see The Truth?  That a meaningless white bread suburban existence is not only a lie in these times, it's a BORING lie.

Then there's the fact that this place gets into your blood (not unlike syphilis).  Once you've lived in the high desert, it's very hard to leave...not because you LIKE the place, but because you literally can't leave.  It's like someone turned up the fucking gravity, and we're all stuck to the ground with our faces all mashed flat, helplessly pooping on the carpet.

I have spoken in the past about The Lost Highway.  Well, this is where that highway ends.  This is the place where DREAMS COME TO DIE.  These are The Badlands, and may God have mercy on our souls...because the high desert won't.

Or Kill Me.

:potd: :mittens:
What?

Richter

Brings "Lawrence of Arabia" to mind.  Some people will find there's something compelling about desolation.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirtytime on January 21, 2009, 06:50:21 PM
best of the recent three.

keep this shit rolling.

Plan to.  I'm down with bronchial pneumonia.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

indigoblade

What?

The Good Reverend Roger

bds

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2009, 01:13:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 21, 2009, 11:41:17 PM

keep this shit rolling.

:x :x :x ROGER PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!

HAH!  You bastards wouldn't do it, so I'll do it myself!   :argh!:

Naw, I'm fine.  I just wheeze a lot, and lay around.

Not unlike the former VP.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2009, 01:30:12 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2009, 01:13:51 AM

keep this shit rolling.

:x :x :x ROGER PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!

HAH!  You bastards wouldn't do it, so I'll do it myself!   :argh!:

Naw, I'm fine.  I just wheeze a lot, and lay around.

Not unlike the former VP.

Good goddamn!  :lulz:

Requia ☣

keep this shit rolling.

My sympathies, had that in high school.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.