News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Neil DeGrass Tyson with amazing insights.

Started by Kai, February 03, 2009, 03:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

http://www.sonibyte.com/audio/7243.mp3

LISTEN.   NOW.

Alternatively: 6 minutes of his interview on video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiOwqDmacJo
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Reginald Ret

i just used it as background music, that guy has some good jokes, though i need to relisten to actually get all his points, multitasking really isnt a good idea.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Kai

The best parts are where he gets asked about education, the "meal with one person" question, and the most awesome thing in the universe. You can really see what an intelligent thinker and speaker he is.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

AFK

Cool find.  I like listening to him speak and I'd love to go to an event where he is giving a keynote or some kind of presentation.  Even though he was one of the more vocal proponents of stripping poor Pluto of its planet status.   :x

Nobody's perfect I suppose.   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Meh. That shit always happens when you replace cultural definitions with scientific ones.

People are still /not getting it/ even after theory was defined in a scientific context differently than in a cultural context for many years now.

Telarus

Neil's down with Our Lady, and doesn't consider it a 'demotion' for Pluto. Of course, this is after he received tons of hate mail from 3rd and 4th graders for "taking away" Pluto's planethood. So he's able to see it from the other frame of reference as well. This is what makes him a good scientist.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

I would weep tears of pride if my scientific work ever got me 4th grader hate mail.