News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

And idea for an I3! project... who would be interested?

Started by LMNO, February 05, 2009, 01:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, I was thinking about the first time I read I3!, and the guy who gave it to me (who was slightly impressionable), was going on and on about how you could actually look the stuff up! Fernando Poo actually exists! etc etc etc.

Well, RAW later expanded on the conspiracy stuff with Everthing is Under Control, and he did his best to cross reference different conspiracies, many which he first wrote about in I3!.

Next, I3! contains a lot of 60's/70's pop cultural references, plus a lot of poorly explained/understood occultism, science, and religion, much of which a casual reader won't understand.

Lastly, I was thinking about the searchable text version of I3! that... seems to be giving me a 404 error... ah, crap.  Maybe it moved.

Anyway, this morning, in my usual hypnagogic state, I thought that it might be an interesting idea to take I3! and hotlink the fuck out of it, so a reader can go through the book and be re-directed to explanations and clarifications.  And in the interests of the Parable of the Golden Bull, certain links could be fabricated of entirely false or Law-of-Five'd information, to increase the sense of paranoia/mystery.

I3!, if nothing else, makes hundreds, if not thousands of side references.  It wouldn't be a quick task, maybe not even an interesting one, but maybe the publisher of I3! would be interested in releasing an edition like that... or paying some deperate Discordian to do the work...

But would anyone be interested in reading something like that?

Cain

I think the main problem would be whoever owns the copyright coming at us for making I3!: HTML Goodness Version, since in essence the book would have to be published online to be read, and so it would have to be freely available.

LMNO

Yeah...  But like I said, I was still half asleep when I thought of it.

The only way I would attempt to do it is if someone paid me, and the only way I could see that happening would be an advance from the publisher; but if there's no profit in it, that ain't gonna happen.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hehe...

Well, you may want to check out the I3! Wiki project which has gotten a start on it.
http://www.buddhafart.com/ILLUMINATUS/index.php?title=Main_Page

As for the people that own the copyright to I3!... I'm sure you guys know someone that might be within 6 degrees of separation or so from such people... maybe someone who works closely with the company that made the audio book, documentary and mosbunal of the official RAW material on the web.

Cause oddly enough, they seem like extremely forward thinking people. I'd bet they would be interested in an online reference like the Wiki or more complex... or even an online hyper-referenced I3! that people could subscribe to etc.

:wink:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Well I thought that may be the case, especially since I had heard of the audio I3!, but it was always a potential problem.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rococo Modem Basilisk

The wiki idea is great (I haven't checked it out yet, but will). I think over all whoever owns the illuminatus trilogy seems to be pretty loose with the copyright stuff (a google search will pop up several full text versions of the illuminatus trilogy pretty quickly, in a variety of formats, and google seems to be pretty open to DMCA takedowns). Perhaps it might be a good idea to add in some of his other books. I noticed this morning that there are terms in the introduction to Cosmic Trigger that aren't properly defined until the middle of Quantum Psychology, and I'm sure that the Schrodinger's Cat trilogy would make very little sense to anyone who hadn't read Illuminatus.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mangrove

LMNO,

I think www.originalfalcon.com have the rights to RAW's stuff. I think you can e-mail them with suggestions. They might like the idea. They released an e-book version of Regardie's 'Complete Golden Dawn System Of Magic', so they might dig your idea.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.