News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Kennedy

Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
DK, I think you're a fucking twit, bottom line. You know a lot about philosophy and not a whole hell of a lot about anything else. Unfortunately, philosophy is the bottom of the barrel of academia, so I doubt anyone else thinks as highly of you as you yourself do.

And I think you're a stupid fuckhole who revels in anti-intellectualism, and that you should SHUT THE FUCK UP.
To steal a person's voice is to censor them.  Change this sig and you are the censor. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 09:33:38 PM
Quote from: Que Si on February 12, 2009, 09:04:33 PM
'fucking moron' isn't a very useful way of communicating. In fact, one could argue that it shows a lack of intelligence, as the noise ratio is far higher than the signal in your comments due to that sort of thing. I mean, do as you will... but it might be something to consider.
It's not a useful way of communicating with someone who is making an honest attempt to communicate.  The fucking moron in question dismissed everything I have said with the claim that I was "lifting" my ideas from wikipedia.

That's a clear sign that the person you are talking to is not going to give you a reasonable chance.  When you insist as part of your argument that the other person is not actually thinking,but rather plagarizing others, there is nowhere for the conversation to go but down.

Hence, "fucking moron."

Actually, if you feel that there's nowhere for the conversation to go... you can just stop posting to that conversation, rather than acting like a 12 year old in need of a beating. I mean, obviously you should do whatever you want, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure its helping you. My initial thoughts on your posts were quite good. I don't necessarily agree with your positions, but thats par for the course.

However, the subsequent posts have greatly diminished my perceptions about you. For me, an intelligent person needs to be able to communicate well, either to inform, or to harass. Your comments have gone from reasoned and thoughtful to crass and less than cohesive. One can almost visualize spittle and bulging veins.

I'm just making an observation on my personal perception here. Take it as you wish.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Aufenthatt

Dk, I liked your ideas, but you come across as a wiki pirate (not a reference to your 'lifting').

Is not pure logic an oxymoron?

No human is capable of true logic because of our limited view of the universe.
We are the product of what continues to exist (we think), and our logic is mainly based around the act of keeping our DNA in existence. A circular existence, but it could not exist anyother way (my logic suggests to me).

All our opinions are irrevocably irrelevant, including this one.

zen_magick

DK quote - The human mind wants to have a box called gender to put things in, so that everyone knows who to fight and who to fuck.  We know on an instinctual level whether we are male or female, and we seek out memes to reinforce that, to make it clear.  We build the box so that we know who to fuck, and how to judge who we fuck.   Domesticated primates want to be able to look at another domesticated primate and know whether that primate is good for fucking.

That's what gender is.  It's how domesticated primates recognize who to fuck, when to fuck, how to fuck. This is why guys who skew towards the masculine ideal-average -- men who fit easily and comfortably into the man box -- get laid more easily and more often than guys who skew towards the feminine ideal.  Meet women's expectations of what a man should be, and you're already halfway there. Fail to meet those expectations, and you'll end up in the "Not For Fucking" box.  And of course, the reverse is true.

When you attempt to prevent people from forming boxes, you end up with people going neurotic.  That's the damage.

Excuse me, but DK did bring up sexuality as a part of gender - AND BASH QUEERS!  If he doesn't want to acknowledge his homophobia that's his deal.  I'm proud to be neurotic!!!
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: zen_magick on February 12, 2009, 10:11:40 PM
DK quote - The human mind wants to have a box called gender to put things in, so that everyone knows who to fight and who to fuck.  We know on an instinctual level whether we are male or female, and we seek out memes to reinforce that, to make it clear.  We build the box so that we know who to fuck, and how to judge who we fuck.   Domesticated primates want to be able to look at another domesticated primate and know whether that primate is good for fucking.

That's what gender is.  It's how domesticated primates recognize who to fuck, when to fuck, how to fuck. This is why guys who skew towards the masculine ideal-average -- men who fit easily and comfortably into the man box -- get laid more easily and more often than guys who skew towards the feminine ideal.  Meet women's expectations of what a man should be, and you're already halfway there. Fail to meet those expectations, and you'll end up in the "Not For Fucking" box.  And of course, the reverse is true.

When you attempt to prevent people from forming boxes, you end up with people going neurotic.  That's the damage.

Excuse me, but DK did bring up sexuality as a part of gender - AND BASH QUEERS!  If he doesn't want to acknowledge his homophobia that's his deal.  I'm proud to be neurotic!!!

I'm not sure how he had homophobia inherent in his comment.

Certianly there MAY be a genetic marker that contributes toward sexual preference. However, it seems equally possible that sexual preference may have an equal or greater contributing cause that has roots in early imprints, psychology, sociology etc. We don't yet have a gene to point to, nor do we have hard evidence that its 'all' psychological. I personally think both may be in play, with some people being more heavily influenced by genetics and others more influenced by experiences and their social environment.

Calling someone a homophobe because they favor one theory over another seems like name calling rather than anything useful.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
DK, I think you're a fucking twit, bottom line. You know a lot about philosophy and not a whole hell of a lot about anything else. Unfortunately, philosophy is the bottom of the barrel of academia, so I doubt anyone else thinks as highly of you as you yourself do.

And I think you're a stupid fuckhole who revels in anti-intellectualism, and that you should SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Dude, you don't even know the difference between a premise and an opening statement, you can barely parse a fairly simple sentence, and yet you expect that everyone will roll over and worship your lofty intelligence because you're hot in the butt for Wittgenstein and don't like Descartes? Please.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Aufenthatt

My post has been ignored and forgotten in the inferno of flaming around it.

It makes me sad.

:cry:

zen_magick

Sorry to resort to name calling, I' ve notived how seldom that has been done in this thread.  

But this is a bit personal for me so I just think I'll cool off awhile.  

Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 10:32:00 PM
Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 09:37:53 PM

Dude, you don't even know the difference between a premise and an opening statement, you can barely parse a fairly simple sentence, and yet you expect that everyone will roll over and worship your lofty intelligence because you're hot in the butt for Wittgenstein and don't like Descartes? Please.

Although, "the hot in the butt for Wittgenstein" gets me kinda randy  :eek:
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Aufenthatt on February 12, 2009, 10:42:55 PM
My post has been ignored and forgotten in the inferno of flaming around it.

It makes me sad.

:cry:

Don't feel too bad, he ignores every challenge that makes an inconvenient point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Aufenthatt

I don't think hes been online since I made it.
Its not that that bothers me, I was going to use the reaction to it as a judge of whether or not the idea is worth its own thread.

Adios

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 11, 2009, 08:35:42 AM
The OP is mired in Cartesian duality and ego-identification. :boring:  I could barely keep my eyes open.

Look at the assumptions in the premise:
QuoteSo the deal is, the first thing that happens when you arrive is you get dumped into a yellowish or brownish meat-bag filled with red and white.

"When you arrive?"  Who is "you?"  Where is "you" arriving from?  For that matter, where is "you" arriving to?

"You" must be separate from the body, because "you" is dumped into a "meat-bag."  Meat-bag is clearly idiomatic Jerkass for the body.

Does "the first thing that happens when you arrive" mean that the sequence of events is

• "You" Arrives From (???) to (???)
  • "You" is abruptly dropped or falls into A Body
That would seem to imply that wherever "you" arrive to is above the body you will be dropped or fall into.

I don't really care.  You started off with the Cartesian flaw, you can't get anywhere once you allow that.  Once you embrace Cartesianism, you're talking about religion.  I can consult my own pineal gland, thank you very much.

Though I really enjoy the use of the word dumped.  That opening line evokes images of angels swooping down from Heaven and crapping souls into little babies.

You are truly an arrogant fuck. My discussion with the OP was from a desire to further probe and see where the topic went. I think it was well written with some serious thought put into it. You on the other hand sling around meaningless phrases with no other intent than to try to impress someone. <fail>

Adios

Quote from: LMNO on February 10, 2009, 03:09:51 PM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:33:40 AM
Simple. I existed prior to this human experience and I will continue to exist after this human experience.

:cn:

No citation available. You know I am not religious, what does a spirit have to do with religion?

Adios

Quote from: Felix on February 11, 2009, 07:07:30 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:26:36 AM
Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Here's the thing. One can choose to view life from any angle, I choose to view life from a different angle than you.

How is it different?

I deliberately left out the spiritual aspect, because I felt that it was irrelevant to my point.

By the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience rather than the other way around.

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/images/new_page_2.htm

Enjoy yuor human experience.

That was actually very interesting!

Aufenthatt

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 12, 2009, 11:01:52 PM
Quote from: Felix on February 11, 2009, 07:07:30 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:26:36 AM
Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Here's the thing. One can choose to view life from any angle, I choose to view life from a different angle than you.

How is it different?

I deliberately left out the spiritual aspect, because I felt that it was irrelevant to my point.

By the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience rather than the other way around.

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/images/new_page_2.htm

Enjoy yuor human experience.

That was actually very interesting!

I agree.

Kai

Hm, so while I was out drinking and having a sleepover, this thread basically went from 2 to 16 pages overnight.

OHNOES THERE IS A NOOB TROLLING US WHATEVER SHALL WE DOOOO~  :lulz:

From the whole trolling perspective, this one is both original (as they seem to have at LEAST some educational background) and at the same time an unoriginal pompous and banal windbag. HOLYSHIT SOMEONE IS WRITING A RANT ABOUT STUPID HUMANS TAKING THEIR SEX AND RACE TOO SERIOUSLY WTFOMG~~!!

As for your whole take on gender, eat a dick, twatface. Yes, I am insulting you. No, I will not waste my time pretending anything you say is greater than useless drivel.  :lulz: You're just another one of those needle dicks with a BA in Philosophy and you think you are so superior in your intellect for it. Your stuck in your ivory tower just like the rest of so called academia (and I KNOW academics, I deal with them on a daily basis), and you THINK, because of your INTELLECT, your MENTAL prow-ESS, out of another stupid superiority complex you deserve the awe of your audience, and constant gratitude for every word that leaks out your shit filled mouth.

That said, I await your response for my enjoyment. I find internet srs buizznesz people so entertaining.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish