News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Point of views on the new president of the United States.

Started by Seth_The_Fallen, February 15, 2009, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 05:20:41 AM
I don't think Obama will be unpopular enough to lose by 12.  People are morons like that.  The heavy hitters in the GOP will bow out, and she'll be left as a major primary candidate at the least.

Naw.   Politicians don't think that way.

The campaign season gets close, and their brains go all mushy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Current thinking in Washington is that Obama is running with a permament campaign mentality.  If true, he should be able to crush the GOP, especially since their best idea of the moment is "Obama is an ethnic minority.  So is Jindal.  Therefore, we should run Jindal against Obama" and "Twitter will win the kids over to us" and, best of all "make Rush Limbaugh the official public face of the GOP". 

Because nothing says "vote GOP" more than making a drug addled, possible sex tourist and ignorant loudmouth the centrepiece of your political strategy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2009, 02:28:07 PM
Current thinking in Washington is that Obama is running with a permament campaign mentality.  If true, he should be able to crush the GOP, especially since their best idea of the moment is "Obama is an ethnic minority.  So is Jindal.  Therefore, we should run Jindal against Obama" and "Twitter will win the kids over to us" and, best of all "make Rush Limbaugh the official public face of the GOP". 

Because nothing says "vote GOP" more than making a drug addled, possible sex tourist and ignorant loudmouth the centrepiece of your political strategy.

Not only that, Jindal has nothing to say,and feels he needs to say it loudly.  And Rush Limbaugh's audience stopped growing about the time he lost his TV show.  He's the Art Bell of the GOP now, and only influences the base.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Appealing to their rapidly declining base seems to be the only trick they have left.  WORST. OPPOSITION PARTY.  EVER.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2009, 04:46:22 PM
Appealing to their rapidly declining base seems to be the only trick they have left.  WORST. OPPOSITION PARTY.  EVER.

And that's weird, because the dems are a fucking mess.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 04:11:15 PM
Not only that, Jindal has nothing to say,and feels he needs to say it loudly.  And Rush Limbaugh's audience stopped growing about the time he lost his TV show.  He's the Art Bell of the GOP now, and only influences the base.

This is the best observation of Rush Limbaugh's career I've read, ever. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Torodung

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 04:57:15 PM

QFT. Every last word up there.

Nothing much to add except "long venison" was just a typo I grew fond of, "long verison," so it stayed after I cleaned it up.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

By which I mean, it is not yet functionally illegal to be a member.
  \\

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Torodung

Everyone's having a good time but Lenin. Is that because he just got off the train from Germany?
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 04:57:15 PM

Makes me wonder if a third party could get a foot in the door sometime soon.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

NO MATTER WHUT!!...Please continue the "bailout"...
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Honey

Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2009, 02:28:07 PM

QFmuchT