News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Point of views on the new president of the United States.

Started by Seth_The_Fallen, February 15, 2009, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

Quote from: Iptuous on February 27, 2009, 10:12:59 PM
I believe it was wolf control from helicopters that got her the particularly bad rap....
I think it was pretty much everything about her.

Cain

I think it was that she was a nutty theocrat in the making.

That and her fucking voice. 

Aufenthatt

I think it may have been that she represents all the things that will cause the US's downfall.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2009, 11:53:34 PM
I think it was that she was a nutty theocrat in the making.

That and her fucking voice. 

and how!  :D
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

The Good Reverend Roger

I believe it was wolf control from helicopters that got her the particularly bad rap....

No, I think it was the whole "Religious whackjob of the first water" that trashed her.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Torodung

Short version: We're screwed.

Long venison:

It looks like the permanent campaign has become a requirement of the office, because you have to be such a total bullshit artist to get there, that your only qualification is "believes own bullshit." I imagine anyone who gets to the office these days must drink their own diarrhea like it's Ovaltine.

All I can say is the guy has real ambition, which I appreciate. He's going to fuck up big. I'd rather have a big sweaty clusterfuck than go out with a goddamned geriatric/moose hunting whimper.

I also appreciate the way he gave Congress a high-colonic by appropriating them to the executive by appointment.

Now someone just needs to get Ms. Pelosi to assume the "party position." The "party position," btw, is spreadeagle, face-down and at the mercy of people who know better. I'm borrowing it from the game "Portal."

And who knows, if that all happens it just might work. I've seen stranger things. Either way, it's going to be a beautiful rapture folks. We're all going to sublimate into the ether. I want to get to know you folks better before that day.

That Matchbox song, "let's see how far we go." That's my attitude.

My 2 cents.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Quote from: Nigel on March 01, 2009, 03:14:50 AM
Quote from: Torodung on March 01, 2009, 02:33:45 AM

Long venison

Is that the North American version of Long Pig?

Maybe it doesn't count as cannibalism if they're furries.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 28, 2009, 05:40:01 AM

No, I think it was the whole "Religious whackjob of the first water" that trashed her.

Oh, i was just speaking regarding the 'she kills furry animals' thing.....
there were pleeeeenty of things that made here completely non viable in general.
I do have to agree with the post above that her voice was* number one on my list.

*: oh, sweet baby jebus, pleeeeeeease let this remain past tense...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on March 01, 2009, 04:19:08 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 28, 2009, 05:40:01 AM

Oh, i was just speaking regarding the 'she kills furry animals' thing.....
there were pleeeeenty of things that made here completely non viable in general.
I do have to agree with the post above that her voice was* number one on my list.

*: oh, sweet baby jebus, pleeeeeeease let this remain past tense...

1.  She'll be back.

2.  Someone worse will come along.  I can fucking PROVE it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 04:52:17 AM

She'll need a VP when she runs in 12 after all
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 05:07:36 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 04:52:17 AM

She'll need a VP when she runs in 12 after all

She will not be running.  She simply hasn't realized yet that her function has been performed, and that the GOP has no further use for her.

Then she'll spaz out and go all Hillary on the GOP candidate.

Buy your popcorn now, and beat the rush.

The Good Reverend Roger

Requia ☣

I don't think Obama will be unpopular enough to lose by 12.  People are morons like that.  The heavy hitters in the GOP will bow out, and she'll be left as a major primary candidate at the least.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.