News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Centipedes?

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, February 21, 2009, 02:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

...in my angina?

it's more likely than you think.

i hate painting. i don't think this is done.

Richter

DAMN. 

CreepyAwesome.
It all blends together very well, so you catch the centipede a split second after you brain says "heart".

:mittens:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Raphaella

I like this very much. I know what you mean about not thinking it's done though. I have that problem when I attempt art. I never know when it's done.
Anyway, it's pretty sweet. Do you have a whole collection?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like it... it's creepy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

whatc

Ha it's great. Reminds me of Francis Bacon

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Raphaella on February 21, 2009, 04:36:08 PM
I like this very much. I know what you mean about not thinking it's done though. I have that problem when I attempt art. I never know when it's done.
Anyway, it's pretty sweet. Do you have a whole collection?

collection? no. that'd be cool but i don't have the patience.
i did pick up some canvases today though. they're wee tiny. srsly one is like 1x1. that should be interesting.

who's francis bacon?
or i could google it. duur.

whatc

He did some very fleshy stuff. This is a pretty good site on him:
http://www.francis-bacon.cx

Figures in the crucifixion work was what was brought to mind:
http://francis-bacon.cx/themes/the_crucifixion.html
He is sort of the grandfather of alien :D

Mu

Wow i didn't even see the centipede the first time i looked at it. Very good, creeps me out  :)

It looks finished to me. I like the way it sits on the canvas as a whole.
"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed." - The Shamen, Re Evolution, 1992

Elder Iptuous

Thats verr niiiice.
did you use a photo model for the "angina"?

Mu

Quote from: lumberjim on February 22, 2009, 04:01:48 PM
if I might offer a suggestion without offending?

the background color could do with some work.  there might be a little too much negative space on the right side.....my eyes are drawn away from the heart...I see adding some crimson to the background, darkening around the heart to deepen it and remind us of blood.....the heart appears kind of brown(on my monitor at least)  and also, maybe give the centipede some crimson reflections on it's carapace.

I like the concept, though...bugs on internal organs, yikes!

Personally i like the space on the right side, but i can see what you are saying about the colour.

(Original Post) You should do more on differrent organs!  :)
"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed." - The Shamen, Re Evolution, 1992

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: lumberjim on February 22, 2009, 04:01:48 PM
if I might offer a suggestion without offending?

the background color could do with some work.  there might be a little too much negative space on the right side.....my eyes are drawn away from the heart...I see adding some crimson to the background, darkening around the heart to deepen it and remind us of blood.....the heart appears kind of brown(on my monitor at least)  and also, maybe give the centipede some crimson reflections on it's carapace.

I like the concept, though...bugs on internal organs, yikes!

I agree with you about the negative space and adding red. When I said I don't think it's done, that's kinda what I was thinking.
I did paint the heart brown on purpose, the colors on the photo get a little muddled. I wasn't going for "realistic" I was going for "hmm, this will match my furniture".
There is a bit of red in the centipede, it just doesn't show in the photo.

Quote from: Iptuousdid you use a photo model for the "angina"?
I just googled hearts and drew one :P

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would love to see a little vase of flowers on an endtable in the background, on the right. Something in muted colors that didn't stand out too much.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I could never pull it off.
I suck hard at "realistic" crap.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Squid-diddle on February 22, 2009, 06:35:26 PM
Quote from: Iptuousdid you use a photo model for the "angina"?
I just googled hearts and drew one :P

Wait....
are you saying that's not an O'Keefe-esqe vulva i see in the heart?  hmmm...