News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

God Does Not Remove the Terror of Science!!!!

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, March 12, 2009, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 12, 2009, 10:59:42 PM
We are being trolled by a bunch of fucking children  :x

I suddenly find myself missing the smartest guy on the internets  :cry:

At least he provided a basis for argument.

These kids are, however, giving me a horrible idea for a mass troll.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 12, 2009, 11:15:35 PM

I'm with ya...:banana:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2009, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 12, 2009, 11:15:35 PM

I'm with ya...:banana:

:hammer:

Now... the only question is who?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cainad on March 12, 2009, 04:54:46 AM
:mittens: to the OP, for expressing exactly what I think of the whole mess.

Them: "But without God, life is just a meaningless nothing! How can anyone live like that?"
Me: :?

Exactly, and ultimately, it is this Very pointlessness which frees us, the enlightened, to pull the wool over our own eyes and relax in the safety of our own delusions. In fact, it becomes necessary, because the only other options are to be enslaved by somebody else's delusions, or else to give up and return to affathaugh (the cosmic princple of pointlessness and futility)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 15, 2009, 02:04:56 AM

Them: "But without God, life is just a meaningless nothing! How can anyone live like that?"

Exactly, and ultimately, it is this Very pointlessness which frees us, the enlightened, to pull the wool over our own eyes and relax in the safety of our own delusions. In fact, it becomes necessary, because the only other options are to be enslaved by somebody else's delusions, or else to give up and return to affathaugh (the cosmic princple of pointlessness and futility)

Hey, dude:  We've also read the Book of the Subgenius.  Just saying.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

bds

Quote from: Nigel on March 12, 2009, 07:56:35 PM
Is it another one of yours, BDS?

How old are these kids, anyway? You seem pretty mature, but your hangers-on all seem about 14.

I hope not.
And they're all about 15 or 16, i think.

ETA: Don't think this guy is one of mine, he actually seems to understand that this is a discordian board. Meaning you should at least vaguely comprehend what we're about.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 06:51:15 AM

Hey, dude:  We've also read the Book of the Subgenius.  Just saying.

Yeah, I get that. I'm just providing an explanation for how all of these poorly explained slogans and aphorisms actually fit together...

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Ok, Continuing with my efforts to string all the slogans and sayings together in one stream of tortured logic :mrgreen:1...

This arbitrary pulling of the wool over our own eyes, and having it be no less meaningful (philosophically) than anything else, is largely what gives rise to the phenomenon, described in the Principia Discordia and embodied by Sri Syadasti and St.Gulik, of everything being simultaneously "true in some sense, false in some sense, and meaningless in some sense", at least from a philosophical standpoint. (From a physical standpoint, a similar true/false/meaningless duality ('tertiality'?) arises from the "Many Worlds" interpretation of Quantum Physics and Quantum Uncertainty.)

------------------------------------------------------------

1And to oblige the guy who pointed out that this a Discordian rather than SubGenius message board2....

2or, at least, I think that's what he said...everybody has been using a lot of abbreviations that I'm not familiar with, so i might have lost the thread of the conversation somewhere...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 15, 2009, 01:53:08 PM
Yeah, I get that. I'm just providing an explanation for how all of these poorly explained slogans and aphorisms actually fit together...

Oh, I see.  You're explaining it to us less brilliant people.  Carry on.

No, really.

TGRR,
NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SHIT BEFORE.