News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Financial fuckery thread

Started by Cain, March 12, 2009, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2011, 12:50:40 PM
OK, that is pretty funny (barring the suicide thing).

To use a HP&MoR phrase, the hedge funds were playing a level one game, and Porsche were playing a level two game. 

Personally I'd like to see more wealthy people commiting suicide.  If he'd been an American he would most likely have been bailed out.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

LMNO

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on September 29, 2011, 05:58:00 PM

To use a HP&MoR phrase, the hedge funds were playing a level one game, and Porsche were playing a level two game. 

Personally I'd like to see more wealthy people commiting suicide.  If he'd been an American he would most likely have been bailed out.

Hey, guess what?  Fuck you.

Disco Pickle

I had written up a wordy, not very nice reply to that over lunch and deleted it because it was pissing me off and I'm in a pretty damn good mood today and don't want to change that.

But yeah, LMNO.  Sometimes 2 words is more than enough.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Cain

Former member of the Bush Economic Team, Phillipa Malmgren, is predicting Germany is going to reintroduce the Deutsche Mark:

http://www.pippamalmgren.com/77.html

QuoteNews to expect in the coming days and weeks:

* Greece defaults
    * Germany protects German banks but other countries cannot do the same thus quickly provoking multiple sovereign defaults and or bank failures, all of which may easily lead to a payments crisis in the global banking system. Derivatives are particularly at risk in terms of operation and execution.
    * The Euro falls in value especially against the US dollar
    * The Germans announce they are re-introducing the Deutschmark. They have already ordered the new currency and asked that the printers hurry up.
    * The Euro falls even more on any news that Germany is withdrawing from the Euro.
    *  Legal wrangling begins as to the legality of Germany's decision. Resolution takes years.
    * Germany insists that the Euro continues to exist even they do not use it any longer. They emphasize that European unification will continue and suggest new legal instruments to strengthen European Unification including new EU Treaties.

If true....woah.

Faust

Personally I'd like to see more wealthy people commiting suicide.  If he'd been an American he would most likely have been bailed out.

I'm wealthy and I hope you commit suicide, it would make me feel more wealthy.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Personally, I'd like to see more people on welfare committing suicide.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Of course, we have to take into consideration that the main reason he wants to see people commit suicide is so he can get his rocks off.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

I thought it was because making stupid, inflammatory statements gets people to respond to him.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

hirley0

Quote from: Disco Pickle on September 29, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
I had written up a wordy, not very nice reply to that over lunch and deleted it because it was pissing me off and I'm in a pretty damn good mood today and don't want to change that.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: hirley0 on September 29, 2011, 10:59:55 PM

I meant the important ones hir.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Cain

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-30/morgan-stanley-seen-as-risky-as-italian-banks-in-swaps-market.html

QuoteMorgan Stanley (MS), which owns the world's largest retail brokerage, is being priced in the credit- default swaps market as less creditworthy than most U.S., U.K. and French banks and as risky as Italy's biggest lenders.

The cost of buying the swaps, or CDS, which offer protection against a default of New York-based Morgan Stanley's debt for five years, has surged to 456 basis points, or $456,000, for every $10 million of debt insured, from 305 basis points on Sept. 15, according to prices provided by London-based CMA. Italy's Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (ISP) has CDS trading at 405 basis points, and UniCredit SpA (UCG) at 424, the data show. A basis point is one-hundredth of a percent.

hirley0

ok Lemme get back to political realALity
from the '96 eLection (in Oregon) REMember in OUght eLeven/TWELVE
IZ RUNNING for Dictator. it started years ago in Portland Or.
the outgoing Mayor opened the Political process and 19people ran
it cost $40 to sign on so i paid $40  what ever year it was & got my .pic
in the Oregonian, the local NEws PAPER i got 40 votes according to eLections
ploting the votes counted vs $ SPENT it was a straight line UP from 40V/40$
to the top, the top two EarL & K* were not installed & Margret was put in
END of $ Dime after that i never bothered with the Media $ and every eLection
ran for one office or another (via Talk radio) pre Computers & on Computers
once that was possible (by '96) in 96 i ran against Hatfield because i did
think sending all of Oregons Forest to Japan for tha Maid in Japan TV docQue
drama anti HiR about NewClear power was wrong
So anyway wanting to make sure you UNderstood this instead of running
against just the one up for reeLection i took a Zerox copy of the LegaL
paper the go Mint had requested to both senators office. they both resigned
& THAT is the way it was. boo2u2
never heard a PeeP

Disco Pickle

Quote from: hirley0 on September 30, 2011, 12:37:47 PM

ok Lemme get back to political realALity
from the '96 eLection (in Oregon) REMember in OUght eLeven/TWELVE
IZ RUNNING for Dictator. it started years ago in Portland Or.
the outgoing Mayor opened the Political process and 19people ran
it cost $40 to sign on so i paid $40  what ever year it was & got my .pic
in the Oregonian, the local NEws PAPER i got 40 votes according to eLections
ploting the votes counted vs $ SPENT it was a straight line UP from 40V/40$
to the top, the top two EarL & K* were not installed & Margret was put in
END of $ Dime after that i never bothered with the Media $ and every eLection
ran for one office or another (via Talk radio) pre Computers & on Computers
once that was possible (by '96) in 96 i ran against Hatfield because i did
think sending all of Oregons Forest to Japan for tha Maid in Japan TV docQue
drama anti HiR about NewClear power was wrong
So anyway wanting to make sure you UNderstood this instead of running
against just the one up for reeLection i took a Zerox copy of the LegaL
paper the go Mint had requested to both senators office. they both resigned
& THAT is the way it was. boo2u2
never heard a PeeP

I'm completely lost on this in relation to the topic.  I'll try again after I mainline some more caffeine.

Scribbly

This summed up a lot for me:

"Patience is running out in the international community," Osborne said. "The eurozone has six weeks to resolve this political crisis."

SIX WEEKS!

We've been talking about how to resolve this crisis for two months. More, really! Part of what has the markets shitting bricks is the fact that nothing actually seems to be happening! People talk and talk and talk but there have been very few and very stilted measures put in place to try and fix anything.

This kind of statement really makes it hard to imagine politicians are actually taking this seriously. Six weeks is a hell of a long time, and even if that is seen as the timetable, he should be saying that it needs to be resolved as soon as possible, not saying there's probably at least another six weeks of bibble ahead.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

I thought that statement was a perfect example of Osbourne's childishness and lack of political experience.

I expect the ECB said "yes, George dear", patted him on the head, burped him and put him to bed, then went back to their discussions.