News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

ATTN LMNO, Rata, Mang

Started by Cain, March 17, 2009, 09:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

hxxp://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/theology_occultism/esoteric_magic/Enochian_World_of_Aleister_Crowley_Enochian_Sex_Magick.html

Enochian World of Aleister Crowley gives the student immediate access to the worlds most powerful, yet misunderstood, system of magick. Crowleys work was the launching pad for all that followed. Originally published in 1912, it rent the veil of the Inner Order of the Golden Dawn and revealed its most precious jewel for all to see. For the first time, the reader is provided with instructions that bridge the gap between the material and spiritual worlds by integrating Enochiana with Sex Magick. Mr. DuQuette and Dr. Hyatt bring over forty years of practical experience in the field to show you how to start using this powerful system right now.

LMNO

Now, how to convince Mrs LMNO to buy into all this?

Bu🤠ns

i didn't care for it too much...they try to 'fit' tantra into the western tradition.  I mean there IS value in it but if you're looking for honest to goodness tantra--this isn't it.  A lot is based on Crowley's understanding of tantra which is mediocre at best.  i mean he just didn't really have the resources.  It's a decent read, but highly misleading.  Most of the west has been influenced by Blavatski's misunderstanding of left-hand path as evil which along with the distortion of New Agers and consumerism (tantra for dummies, etc) that any real understanding is difficult to find.  Tantra is best understood within the cultural context of it's practitioners and once the culture is understood one can extract the basic principles and apply them to one's own practices. Crowley insisted, despite the sexual practices of the OTO, that his order was not left hand...and while there are similar elements, it mostly misses the mark.  The book is a decent read...but if you want a good understanding supplement it with cultural specific texts.