News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

HUGE WORM

Started by Richter, March 20, 2009, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's pretty awesome, but I was mildly bummed that it didn't turn out to be a new species of giant earthworm. :(

Australia even has bright blue ones!
http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/2008/05/giant_blue_earthworms_and_frie.php

Washington has white ones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Palouse_earthworm

My garden just has regular earthworms, but some of them are a foot long and as big around as my pinkie. We're friends.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SLUGGIES!

I don't have any banana slugs in my garden... they like woodlands better. I do, however, have these guys:

I don't know what kind they are, but they're about 4-5 inches long.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Yay for annelids and gastropods!

Its actually a shame about the native earthworm species in North America. They're being pushed out by the common european species.

Also, slugs are awesome. :)

Yay, someone posted an invertebrate thread besides me!  :D
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When I was 14, I had pet slugs named Dave and Teri. I loved those guys.

Iason Ouabache

QuoteStaff eventually lured it out with fish scraps – but not before it bit through 20lb fishing line.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote from: Richter on March 20, 2009, 01:37:18 AM
Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_slug
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Bruno

Slurms MacKenzie approves this thread.

Formerly something else...

Elder Iptuous

I had one of those in my reef tank once (it's pretty rare not to get some of them with your live rock) that was about 7 or 8 inches long. that freaked me out enough because they will bite the shit out of your hand when your working in there.
i much prefered getting nudibranchs as hitchhikers.....  even the bad ones still look pretty at least

East Coast Hustle

I seriously doubt anyone could provide me with a compelling reason why slugs should be allowed to continue to exist.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2009, 02:23:58 AM
SLUGGIES!

I don't have any banana slugs in my garden... they like woodlands better. I do, however, have these guys:

They look like dog eggs. :(

Vene

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 21, 2009, 09:57:22 PM
I seriously doubt anyone could provide me with a compelling reason why slugs should be allowed to continue to exist.
How about:
I've got better things to do with my time than slug genocide.

Elder Iptuous

They are incredibly fun to salt.  You just shake the cellar, and watch them turn inside out.  you can imagine the horrid suffering without feeling the guilt of inflicting it on anything without mammalian cuteness.
that's worth something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on March 21, 2009, 10:02:20 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2009, 02:23:58 AM
SLUGGIES!

They look like dog eggs. :(

DOG EGGS!!!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Because they're CUTE?

Have you ever looked at a slug's face?

LOOKIT THAT SHIT! He's all "wut?"