News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM
this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism. If I had thought for one minute that PD.com would turn into a giant circle-jerk of self-justification and rampant apologia for some of humanity's most reprehensible behavior (under the guise of "protecting the rights" of those who would seek to strip the rights of anyone different from themselves)

I interpreted this as an indictment against how nice we were being.
Dissent and strife are great catalysts for new ideas and changes.
This space for rent.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 22, 2009, 04:36:59 PM
Quote from: Kai on March 22, 2009, 04:11:58 PM
Also, all the backbiting bullshit. Maybe its just Hunter coming back that makes us think we should all troll each other. I don't know. Its all been done before. When I see threads turn that way I keep the hell out of them, even if it is popcorn, because it's popcorn covered with bullshit garnished with untreated sewage and fail.

Are you simply implying that I inspired whatever it is you are seeing, or did I do something specific?

i think it's something before you arrived...nothing to do with you

but then again
Im completely clueless on what is going on here
I'm like Cram I guess in enjoying my conversation with Rat and the few debates I was involved in outside apple talk
though I will admit I've missed probably 2/3's of the threads going on here
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Pariah

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 22, 2009, 04:41:17 PM
this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism. If I had thought for one minute that PD.com would turn into a giant circle-jerk of self-justification and rampant apologia for some of humanity's most reprehensible behavior (under the guise of "protecting the rights" of those who would seek to strip the rights of anyone different from themselves)

Yes but this has just turned into pointless bickering over non-issues
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Messier Undertree

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 22, 2009, 04:41:17 PM

And they also make things a hell of a lot more interesting.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Pariah on March 22, 2009, 04:42:57 PM

Yes but this has just turned into pointless bickering over non-issues

WHAT? What has? I notice one set of bickering (mine), hardly worth a thread and people taking time off.
WTF is everyone talking about?
This space for rent.

Pariah

I don't know we've been bickering for a while after the DK incident and stopped recently. I think everyone's afraid it will happen again.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

fomenter

pointless bickering is par for the course and a non issue,
i want to know where "this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism."
this is something worth looking into and correcting if it is a problem...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

I don't know if it's a recent development or if it just required a more removed perspective to see, but...

this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism.

That's just, like, you know, your opinion and stuff, man.

Sir Squid Diddimus

bds

Having just taken a coupla days off from PD, I have to say I haven't been here nearly as much as I was before. I can kinda pin that down to IRL stuff, but frankly, I just can't be arsed to read through countless pages of endless drama.
So, I'm with Kai. Maybe we should all take a break for a few days. Or, at the very least, just go take a walk in the country. Clear your head for a bit.

The Good Reverend Roger

I decided to take a week or two off.  Then I came back and looked at the threads on the front page of Apple Talk....and I think I'll try again some other time.  Seriously.  I know this is the fluff board, but for fuck's sake.  Just look.  I think my main issue is shit like this:  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20296.0

Either we have an absolute glut of mildly retarded new users, or regulars are chewing on paint chips (IP in this case is a proxy, so it's impossible to tell) and deciding to be HILARIOUS by doing the same shit that's been done every year since 2004...ie, "trolling" each other.  Now, it may just be me, but this was really only funny the FIRST 6 MILLION FUCKING TIMES IT WAS DONE.

PD has it's creative times, and it's not-so-creative times.  The only difference is, this time, I haven't got the fucking patience to deal with garbage like this:  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20274.0  which I could get at fucking MYSTICWICKS, if I was so inclined.  So I'm with ECH.  If you guys need moderating, etc, I will be stopping in once a day (or two days at the latest) to check on things.  But I'm sure as fuck not going to bother putting up any new work in THIS climate.  I can piss myself off far easier, in more amusing ways - should I need my blood pressure up - than by opening a thread I put a lot of work into, just to see it filled by pinealist shit by fuckwads that think they're being "Discordian".

See you when I re-grow my sense of perspective.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

SRSLY, what the fuck is happening?  This place isn't allowed to die, dammit!   :argh!:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.