News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messier Undertree

I really don't think that moral relativism is the source of PD.com's problems right now though, I have to say.

Iason Ouabache

1) Everyone stop being paranoid. This (more than likely) isn't about you.

2) ECH, just stop all of the bullshit right now and just ban Nigel and Rat.  It will save us all a lot of time and drama and that's what you want anyways, isn't it?  You've never liked them and want an excuse to drive them away from here. But you can't want to break the "moral code" that has been set up here because you know everyone here will turn on you.  So you are trying to get the other admins on your side to gang up on a few select users that you don't want around.  You can't ban them outright so you have to find a way to make them flounce. Tell me if I'm getting warm with this.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 25, 2009, 04:20:29 PM

2) ECH, just stop all of the bullshit right now and just ban Nigel and Rat.  It will save us all a lot of time and drama and that's what you want anyways, isn't it?  You've never liked them and want an excuse to drive them away from here. But you can't want to break the "moral code" that has been set up here because you know everyone here will turn on you.  So you are trying to get the other admins on your side to gang up on a few select users that you don't want around.  You can't ban them outright so you have to find a way to make them flounce. Tell me if I'm getting warm with this.

Stop talking bullshit.

kthanxbai

bds

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 25, 2009, 04:20:29 PM

Oh, fuck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ECH, why don't you go fuck your own mediocrity in the face? Then maybe you'll feel like you're getting some attention and the respect you so desperately crave but can't seem to muster from people naturally.

I mean, god forbid people use the fucking board as a place to hang out and discuss shit. Especially people whose views you disagree with.

Just fuck off, you judgmental self-righteous prick. Ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black? That would be you to me and Rat.

How about you go screw a retard and write a threatening letter to a homophobe? You'd be making more of a contribution to society than you do here.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I won't be too surprised if you do manage to change the rules so you can eliminate people you don't like and turn this into ECH's Assnuzzling Sychophant Club.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

And here I just wanna spoon everyone on PDCOM.

I'll even let you guys be the little spoon.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2009, 04:27:48 PM

Stop talking bullshit.

kthanxbai
Meh.  I'm just tired of all the drama. Let's just put all of the cards on the table and see what happens.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 25, 2009, 03:21:38 PM
I'd like to point out that nowhere in the OP did I mention Apple Talk. I was talking about a problem I felt was endemic to the entire board. A problem which I would NOT have mentioned had it been confined to Apple Talk. I forgot that I'm not allowed to have an opinion about my own fucking website.

I'd also like to point out that Rat and Nigel should go get a blistering case of face herpes, the sores of which will hopefully swell up enough to prevent them from using their mouths. Seriously, fuck you both, you smug self-righteous twatwaffles. Your comments wouldn't piss me off except that, well, you are the two biggest examples of what I was complaining about.

Just so everyone understands, I'm not going to throw a tantrum.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on March 25, 2009, 05:22:50 PM
And here I just wanna spoon everyone on PDCOM.

I'll even let you guys be the little spoon.

My pants just got tighter.

In the crotch.

AFK

I think I would be too tall (and married) to be the spoonee. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 25, 2009, 03:21:38 PM
I'd like to point out that nowhere in the OP did I mention Apple Talk. I was talking about a problem I felt was endemic to the entire board. A problem which I would NOT have mentioned had it been confined to Apple Talk. I forgot that I'm not allowed to have an opinion about my own fucking website.

I'd also like to point out that Rat and Nigel should go get a blistering case of face herpes, the sores of which will hopefully swell up enough to prevent them from using their mouths. Seriously, fuck you both, you smug self-righteous twatwaffles. Your comments wouldn't piss me off except that, well, you are the two biggest examples of what I was complaining about.

Just so everyone understands, I'm not going to throw a tantrum and start modding/banning/whatever people. I'm not in a funk, I'm not allowing IRL stresses to carry over to PD, and I'm not having one of those occasional moments of mental/emotional instability that everyone has. I'm just not impressed with what this place is turning into. I'm sick of feeling as though I have to be nice and fair and consider everybody else's stupid opinions and keep my mouth shut when shit is fucked up here. There is no "Internet Bill of Rights", but if there were, it would NOT be written that site owners and admins have to be nonconfrontational and consider all posters equal. I won't use my "admin powers" to advance a personal agenda, but I will NOT sit quietly by while a handful of jackasses try to turn this place into a bully pulpit for their own twisted and dangerous views. You can expect to not be banned or modded, but you sure as hell CAN expect to be mercilessly harassed, harangued, and verbally castigated. And I won't speak for anyone else, but I'd bet every penny I have that I'm not the only admin who feels this way. In fact, I intend to have a conversation with the other admins as soon as I can about how the growing userbase and increased activity here may require us to re-think how this place is run and what the rules are. I have no way of knowing whether or not we'll come to any consensus, or what if any changes there will be to the rules and structure of the forum. If there are any changes, some of you will undoubtedly disagree with them and leave in a huff. I'm OK with that, so while I welcome any constructive input any of you may have, whining and bitching will get you ignored like you were Sara Palin after the election.

to quote a famous Scientologist...

change is gonna come. I can feel it.

You know, I have not been visiting this board for very long at all, on and off for less than a year. The reason I signed up and began posting was because NIGEL is a close friend of mine and OBVIOUSLY this is a large part of her life, so getting on P.D. was like meeting more of her friends. Admittedly, I'm not all too schooled on the BIP/ techncals of DISCORDIA, but I've read through text which NIGEL threw my way and picked out what appealed to me. In my teens and twenties, I was interested in stuff like the Church of the Subgenius, Burroughs, 23, all that, so what I gleamed from P.D. wasn't at all unfamiliar.

At the time I signed on, I may have been the only total noob on the board, and being a noob on this board as you know, has a militant hazing ritual. I won't go into details. Right now, there are a good number of newer people on here and many of them are young, trying out the scene and may not exactly be the next RAW -

But also, This board is ESSENTIALLY a group of friends/ associates, and it's really tricky finding out how EVERYONE wants to be communicated with. It's REALLY easy to piss people off on here. My biggest personal obstacles for using the board was the flaming drama. It is often reminiscent of my years working with drag queens, everywhere you turn people are either stomping off or posturing. There are a lot of opinionated people on here. ESPECIALLY the 'regulars' jump people's shit without asking, "what exactly do you mean by that?" first. Some of the 'rock stars' on this board are seriously guilty of some gross double standards, but they get away with it because they have like, 50,000 posts under their panties.

I would like to see more analytical conversation on here, more productive examination, when a topic is interesting - often times it's obvious that people respond to a thread without having a clue either what they're talking about or what the O.P. was about. But I also come here to just see what's up, catch a giggle or just be amused.

So, ECH, although I can understand what you're getting at with the creating this thread, it's embarrassing and ridiculous. The door on P.D. is wide open and you can't have a fit about all the other kids arriving to the playspace. One of the things that never fails to make me go "WUT?" is when people announce that they're "leaving the board" because of this or that, as if everyone else is going to scream "no, please don't go!". Talk about drama!

Instead of having expectations of the board, or the people on it, which is just asking for FAIL, use it as wisely for yourself as you see fit. Personally, I enjoy WADE's retardedness, NIGEL's axe-swinging bitchiness, CANE's sterile insistence (seriously, I want to go to CANE's house and tell him fart jokes until I see him crack a smile) and CRAM's mick-jagger-swagger. Where else are you gonna get this ECH?! Oh, yeah, and TGRR's ultimate nihlism, totally worth the tithing.

OR KILL ME    
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

AFK

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 25, 2009, 05:46:38 PM
    I would like to see more analytical conversation on here, more productive examination, when a topic is interesting - often times it's obvious that people respond to a thread without having a clue either what they're talking about or what the O.P. was about. But I also come here to just see what's up, catch a giggle or just be amused.

Of all the problems that PD.COM may have, I have to strongly disagree that this is one of them.  I find, compare to other message boards I've been on, people here know their stuff and know how to research and back up their stuff.  Now, in Apple Talk, there invariably will be silliness that invades threads, but that is not the same thing as people now knowing what they are talking about. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

If you think my sense of humour is too carefully hidden, you may not have been paying attention:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20292.msg683927#msg683927

As the most recent example I can think of.