News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messier Undertree

Who the fuck is OPTIMUS PINECONE and what's with all the indentation? And did he really just call TGRR a nihilist?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 25, 2009, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 25, 2009, 05:46:38 PM
    I would like to see more analytical conversation on here, more productive examination, when a topic is interesting - often times it's obvious that people respond to a thread without having a clue either what they're talking about or what the O.P. was about. But I also come here to just see what's up, catch a giggle or just be amused.

Of all the problems that PD.COM may have, I have to strongly disagree that this is one of them.  I find, compare to other message boards I've been on, people here know their stuff and know how to research and back up their stuff.  Now, in Apple Talk, there invariably will be silliness that invades threads, but that is not the same thing as people now knowing what they are talking about. 

I think he meant that the replies sometimes don't know what the OP was talking about... I myself am occasionally guilty of that.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

OPTIMUS PINECONE

I would like to see more analytical conversation on here, more productive examination, when a topic is interesting - often times it's obvious that people respond to a thread without having a clue either what they're talking about or what the O.P. was about. But I also come here to just see what's up, catch a giggle or just be amused.

Of all the problems that PD.COM may have, I have to strongly disagree that this is one of them.  I find, compare to other message boards I've been on, people here know their stuff and know how to research and back up their stuff.  Now, in Apple Talk, there invariably will be silliness that invades threads, but that is not the same thing as people now knowing what they are talking about. 

Now girlfriend, I didn't say "at all" (see CANE example), I just said more. Or more often, that. And I'm not comparing P.D. to other boards.
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 05:54:00 PM

I think he meant that the replies sometimes don't know what the OP was talking about... I myself am occasionally guilty of that.

I'm totally guilty of that.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

I am Optimus Pinecone. Who the fuck are you? (can you feel the flame, girl?)
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2009, 05:55:21 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 25, 2009, 05:54:00 PM

I'm totally guilty of that.

I'm doing it right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I'd suggest that due to the massive thread drift that naturally happens here, often the OP has literally nothing to do with the current post, and doesn't need to be addressed.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Messier Undertree

I just went through 5 cans of Irn-Bru in an hour. Who else likes Irn-Bru?

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2009, 05:56:35 PM
I'd suggest that due to the massive thread drift that naturally happens here, often the OP has literally nothing to do with the current post, and doesn't need to be addressed.

In the instance, which one is allegedly responding to the O.P. - not when, 5 pages later a film review turns into what are you wearing right now.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Maalchite on March 25, 2009, 05:57:31 PM
I just went through 5 cans of Irn-Bru in an hour. Who else likes Irn-Bru?

I've been going totally ghetto lately. CAMO 'Black Ice' - 10.5% in 24oz cans. guaranteed blackout for $5-