PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Who are the Zenarchists? *2

Started by Aufenthatt, April 08, 2009, 12:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aufenthatt

Ancient influences on
the Zenarchists

QuotePhilosophical inquiry conducted by my method is supposed to be not a contest between opponents (eristic), but a co-operative search for truth and understanding (dialectic)
Socrates - Plato's dialogues, Phaedium

Influences on our movement (1948)
David Mander
Chapter four

Malacylpce the Doomsinger.

Of all historical figures Malacylpce the doomsinger is the least deserving of his title. Not so much a profit of the doom, Mala was more of an ancient poet Orwell. However in the enlightenment of the 1800s 'Malacylpce the the cautionary story teller' was a name that failed to inspire intrest, so, to borrow a term from modern politics, he was given a 'new spin'.

A Phoenician philosopher, he was gifted by a vision from the Gods. In a dream he was told that the key to the perfect number system was a digit of no value. Some historians have argued that Mala was a user of narcotics, a claim backed up by evidence from Peter Rex (Pre Greeko-Roman civilisations, 1929) a cambridge professor, who states that
Quote...the better trade links throughout the middle east due to technological advanced lead to opium from what is now Afghanistan being traded as far as the Iberian paninsular.

Mala is openly critical of the unquestioned structures within society.
In what remains of his writings Mala explains:
QuoteIf I add one lump of clay to another, I do not have two lumps of clay, I have a single large one.
QuoteThe complexity required to explain what is little more than the putting together of earth invalidates mathematics as a tool by which to live everyday life. Outside of the narrow and questionable concepts math does not explain the complexities of man, but concerns itself with discusion of unnatural shapes.

The comment of shapes is believed to be a mockery of a early Greek school of thought, which eventually lead to the development of the works of Pythagoras.

Mala doesn't ever directly attack math in itself as a concept, but indirectly he does reject it, claiming that the world in internal and subject to the perception of the individual.

Quotedoes the mighty elephant see the same world as the humble fly?

Malacylpce was an important influence on Protagoras, who may have been a late period Malarchist.
A critic of dogma, Mala questions the validity of any system which over complicates a simple act to the point it is indistinguishable as one.

QuoteAny deep philosophy, once sufficiently complicated is indistinguishable from the ravings of the mad

Mala apeairs to be a early spiritualist, who struggles thoughout his life with the question of existence. He sees no little difference between humans and animals, however he questions what makes his existence different from that of common matter. He never comes to a conclusion on that issue, merely suggesting that those who do not explore their existence may as well be rocks.

While he openly criticised the following of any concept that does not leave its core beliefs to be considered and questioned he does exhort the virtues of humor, Known famously for his love of visual illusions, Mala explains the importance of beingclear to your audience and the dangers of misinformation. To explain, when he first arrived in Carthage he entered the south of the city bearing a sign.
In ancient Phoenician you can make the word idiot or dumb (no plural) into doom by obscuring a single line.
On his first day he stood on a rock with his sign and gave a speech. The citizens ignored him, thinking he was nothing more than anther mad man.

On the second day he entered the city from the north, holding the sign which now cleaned said idiot. The people of the northern quarter, intrigued by why he would carry such a message, gathered around him. When he began his speech he mimicked his story using deliberately awful acting. People found this performance humorous and listened to him. While he was trying to make a serious point about the problems caused by the Phoenician colonisation of the Mediterranean coast, and its effects on the indigenous populations, without the humor his point would not have been made.
By posing as both a street preacher and a jester he shows his teachings on the importance of delivery, and the consideration of what will be seen as valid by a audience.

QuoteIt is better to be a considered fool than a forgotton God

The use of humor and cultural sensitivity would later win many supporters to his way of thinking from across the Phoeican world and beyond. Malacylpce's movement was centered in Catherage, mainly for geographical reasons. Mala himself is believed to have been born in a colony in what is now southern France.

These Malarchists as they were derogatorily known, are similar to the later Zenarchists (nearest translation, literally - Thought society) from the early 1500s. Until they were driven out from Carthage by religious conservatives they began to develop an new culture which was deliberately unconcerned with what those outside their (open) circle thought of them. A highly controversial concept in what was a deeply religious and traditionalist society.

The Malachists believed that the inevitable consequence of a rebelion was dogma. In going to war with one set of values the void that leaves will be filled by something else, without you noticing because you are too busy fighting.
QuoteBlack sheep are still Sheep

Instead of a social revolt they chose to be open minded, allowing all concepts to be considered.
QuoteAll things contain a little of the truth
but maintained enough objectivity to reject ideas that proved to be harmful.
Interestingly, dispite rejecting the concepts of good and evil and having a society mostly uninterested in the offence it caused to its nabours, Malachists lived remarkably moral, civilised lives. Open to debate they built forums or meeting places wereever they congregated.
One Malarchist is reported to have drawn a particularly unflatering, satirical picture of a town elder on the outer walls of his city in southern Sicily. Using a piece of graphite the youth of reported artistic talent is rumored to be the source of the term 'graffiti'.

While Malacylpce and is followers perished in the dessert after the Exodus from Carthage his disciples, who by that point spread across the Mediterranean carried on his message, eventually evolving into other movements out of choice or necessity. One of the major decedent groups whose name anglicises as lighten, or illuminate went on to become powerful merchants, building the city of Venice with their profits.               

Honey

What a bunch of malarkey!

(Love it)   :)
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Requia ☣

This reminds me of everything I hate about academia, yet manages to avoid fail at the same time.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Template

It kinda falls apart at the end, with the "decedent groups" and the perishing in the "dessert", but I assume you meant it that way.

Aufenthatt

Quote from: yhnmzw on April 08, 2009, 06:57:52 PM
It kinda falls apart at the end, with the "decedent groups" and the perishing in the "dessert", but I assume you meant it that way.

No, but much like when I wrote it, i'm too tired to care.

Idiot

i am the zenarchist

i think you are too coherent

zenarchy defies ... what's the word ?
the thing that describes the thing

i didn't read your thing
it was too much

too much "structure" it reeked of disorder

Aufenthatt

Quote from: smokngoat on April 09, 2009, 03:24:42 PM
i am the zenarchist

i think you are too coherent

zenarchy defies ... what's the word ?
the thing that describes the thing

i didn't read your thing
it was too much

too much "structure" it reeked of disorder

Zenarchy defies any and all attempts to define it-- first with thermonuclear weapons, then with biting sarcasm.

The above is a definition.

I did not attempt to define zenarchy, I was mimicking the writings of the boring historians I'm having to read and the half baked links posed as facts by our neopagan friends. I like to be subtle, because people can reread the things you write and pick out the stuff they missed.

KTHXBAI

Reginald Ret

Think about putting this in an intermittens issue.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Aufenthatt

To long thinks I, not enough funneh.

Template

Quote from: Aufenthatt on April 10, 2009, 06:32:56 PM
To long thinks I, not enough funneh.

Immaterial.  Intermittens is no more dark than is BIP is funneh.

Aufenthatt

Meh, it doesn't bother my either way.
Print what you like.