Author Topic: HoliGASM  (Read 4880 times)

Iron Sulfide

• Gaping Fistula
  • Deserved It
  • Ablata At Alba
    • View Profile
    • High Viscosity Skeet Shoot
HoliGASM
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:00 pm »

This is a simple thing, and i have only the most basic of ideas for it so far.

People still put up decorations for holidays. I know, i've seen them places. I've always thought they were stupid. Now i think i may have a use for them.

Two things sparked this idea mostly: people so lazy that they have Christmas lights up still, and the resulting thought: maybe i could distribute meme bombs year round with easter egg leftovers?

So i thought: wait a tic- why don't we do holiday decorating that's drastically out of season?

Shamrocks on Halloween; Nativity scenes on Veterans Day; Bats for Cinco De Mayo, etc....

ideas and feedback, plz.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Telarus

• Fictional Ego
  • Deserved It
  • Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times
    • View Profile
Re: HoliGASM
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:13 pm »
ERISTER EGGS ON EVERY NATIONAL HOLIDAY!

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »

This is a simple thing, and i have only the most basic of ideas for it so far.

People still put up decorations for holidays. I know, i've seen them places. I've always thought they were stupid. Now i think i may have a use for them.

Two things sparked this idea mostly: people so lazy that they have Christmas lights up still, and the resulting thought: maybe i could distribute meme bombs year round with easter egg leftovers?

So i thought: wait a tic- why don't we do holiday decorating that's drastically out of season?

Shamrocks on Halloween; Nativity scenes on Veterans Day; Bats for Cinco De Mayo, etc....

ideas and feedback, plz.

We already do this. :)

Also we have a tradition that after Halloween the cobwebs stay up and are decorated with crabs for Yule.
Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

Iron Sulfide

• Gaping Fistula
  • Deserved It
  • Ablata At Alba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:28:38 pm »

We already do this. :)

Also we have a tradition that after Halloween the cobwebs stay up and are decorated with crabs for Yule.

That's awesome! What do you think about the easter egg idea? my hope is that a random mark will be bopping aroung, expecting holiday X decor everywhere, but then - "what's this? Easter eggs on New Years?"- his day gets at least slightly weird.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

• Gaping Fistula
  • Deserved It
  • Ablata At Alba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:44 pm »
Also, I'm not sure anymore that this has the necessary potential for a GASM, but i have been assembling ideas for ways to package memes, so it's not for naught.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:32 am »
I definitely like the idea of putting up the "wrong" decorations for holidays, and also of going ridiculously all-out for decorations on holidays that don't normally have them at all... including making up a color scheme and "patron animal" for holidays that don't have them. Also, adding inappropriate animals to a holiday, like adding a shit-ton of owls to your May Day decorations.

Owls are easy to come by.

Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:45:12 am »
My friend has a large golden calf that he sets up for Walpurgis.

Iron Sulfide

• Gaping Fistula
  • Deserved It
  • Ablata At Alba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:54:55 pm »
My friend has a large golden calf that he sets up for Walpurgis.

i forgot that one was even coming up. i think i might also like the idea of decorating for a completely fictitious holiday with a weird name (like walpurgisnacht or something...lol) so people 1) question why the decorations are up and/or 2) feel like they really drastically missed something.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Triple Zero

• DO NOT ABUSE EXCEPT FOR URGENT FURNITURE MOVING EMERGENCIES
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible and Sexy Queen of Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Random BIP
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 05:03:56 pm »
i know quite a bunch of people that celebrate a big Christmas dinner or Sinterklaas* somewhere in spring or summer, either because they hadnt gotten around to it yet (with that particular friends group) or because they think the "holiday season" (oct-december) is busy enough as it is :)

* december 5th, Dutch holiday where we give presents kinda like you do on Christmas
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 04:17:43 am »
My housemate and daughter were drawing pictures of ghosts and candy yesterday, and captioning them:

Ghosts give us candy

I am thankful for ghosts,
because they bring candy
on Easter and the other holidays.

HAPPY EASTER!

fomenter

• don juan myhatass
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 04:32:26 am »
happy orthodox Easter
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp