News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

SeedGASM

Started by Crazzee, May 06, 2009, 01:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazzee

Everybody remember the chain letter in the Principia? I believe that we should distribute the "Plant Your Seeds" letter, and, while we're at it, plant our own.
I've had this happen before, and, not much has ever given a greater Mindfuck waking up one morning and finding a carrot growing in my garden. We need to all plant some seeds, and freely distribute that page to people.
Anyone got a PDF of that page?
>_>

Cramulus

I've always thought

and I may be wrong

that the notion "Plant your seeds - keep prices down" was to encourage people to grow their own pot

if everybody homegrew pot
pot prices would decline for everybody
(a bit of the old supply & demand)

sending a printout of that page around with some seeds could be fun for a little random mindfuck-a-stranger

Crazzee

That's what I've thought for a while as well, but it's all about interpretations, am I right?  :mrgreen:
>_>

Dysfunctional Cunt

And if we combine the two concepts we can randomly plant pot seeds in stranger's gardens?  :lulz:

I can do that. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Some person that .. I do not know... once planted several seeds of some Erisian variety on the Statehouse lawn in Columbus, mostly in out of the way flower beds. There are those that say the five fingered hands were about 6 inches high before someone freaked out and went on a weed pulling exercise.

Interesting things that some people do....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Novatore

Quote from: Cramulus on May 06, 2009, 01:39:43 AM
I've always thought

and I may be wrong

that the notion "Plant your seeds - keep prices down" was to encourage people to grow their own pot

if everybody homegrew pot
pot prices would decline for everybody
(a bit of the old supply & demand)

sending a printout of that page around with some seeds could be fun for a little random mindfuck-a-stranger

consider areas in the cascades where medical marijuana growers flourish, in Oakland (ok not really cascades at all) there is a street called Oaksterdam with its own weed growing college (im sure you've all seen super high me) anyways what im getting at is that there has been no price change in regards to the availability and quasi legal nature that pot has gained on the west coast.

Eventually you would hope that with such prevalent use the government would finally give up and legalize it already, but fuck if they arn't total  :boring:

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 06, 2009, 04:28:47 PM
Some person that .. I do not know... once planted several seeds of some Erisian variety on the Statehouse lawn in Columbus, mostly in out of the way flower beds. There are those that say the five fingered hands were about 6 inches high before someone freaked out and went on a weed pulling exercise.

Interesting things that some people do....

I used to live in a town were there were a couple plants that sprouted one summer, they got really big before the police found then and they were downtown.

Iron Sulfide

I know this is a sub-sub forum in a secret sub-forum, but none the less i would like to invoke one of our Most sacred tenants;

KYFMS
in days of yore, this was a very sacred tenant that allowed people in shifty, sordid traditions to continue what they were doing without outside interference (To know, To Dare, To Will- To Remain Silent)...

that said, here's an example of being able to talk while still KYFMS:

i knew someone who did this sort of thing once with those illicit seeds. planted them around his city hall, bus stops, parks, etc... it was fun, he said, and he enjoyed most watching them grow (and about as much that no one seemed to notice...) in the end, he told me, they were destroyed, but it seemed to be from maintenance workers more than Authority figures.

He had a lot of other neat ideas regarding this, too. planting them along roadsides with your state flower. state flowers are protected symbols- the bureaucracy won't let workers destroy state flowers (not that they WONT, mind you... but it's a good idea)...

ALSO

Plant your seeds chainletter is DEF about pot, not other types of plant. anyone is permitted to grow other types of plant, so long as they are not on the federal scheduling list, nor do they violate state law. There was also in at least one version i read a statement "Overgrow the Government!" - a rather incendiary remark suggesting subversive qualities. What so subversive about a carrot?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Crazzee

Quote from: Philly Fillet on May 07, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
Plant your seeds chainletter is DEF about pot, not other types of plant. anyone is permitted to grow other types of plant, so long as they are not on the federal scheduling list, nor do they violate state law. There was also in at least one version i read a statement "Overgrow the Government!" - a rather incendiary remark suggesting subversive qualities. What so subversive about a carrot?
Not much, really, but it makes for a good bit of a mindfuck, and isn't that the goal here?
Yeah, I know it's about pot, but pot in general is kind of hard to come by in the first place, at least in this area, which is why I proposed other such things, which aren't illegal anyway.
>_>

LMNO

I know it's not so much revolutionary a asthetical, but at Lowes' you can get a packet of so-called "wildflower" seeds for a buck that covers a decent area of ground.

Grab a few packs and head over to that empty lot that's in your town.  You know the one.

Novatore

Quote from: LMNO on May 08, 2009, 04:28:05 PM
I know it's not so much revolutionary a asthetical, but at Lowes' you can get a packet of so-called "wildflower" seeds for a buck that covers a decent area of ground.

Grab a few packs and head over to that empty lot that's in your town.  You know the one.

And there is a greater chance that these flowers wont be picked making your daily commute that much more beautiful

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think there IS something inherently subversive about planting food crops in public spaces, to tell the truth. Remember the Dust Bowl? Remember the crop surplus burned in the streets so the homeless couldn't eat them?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Novatore

Quote from: Nigel on May 08, 2009, 06:28:08 PM
I think there IS something inherently subversive about planting food crops in public spaces, to tell the truth. Remember the Dust Bowl? Remember the crop surplus burned in the streets so the homeless couldn't eat them?

makes sense what right have those bastards [the homeless] to all that food which might otherwise go to waster, even if they might have fallen onto hard times but where ordinary decent tax paying folk prior. They [the homeless] would have wanted it that way if their situation was better.

Problem with food grown in vacant lots is there is a great deal of heavy metals and other chemicals which would be absorbed by the plants, which could cause major health problems farther down the line.  this is why (though i like the idea) i am hesitant in participating in this project http://urbanedibles.org/ true someone could argue who cares our soil is already FUBAR.

I think growing plants which would hasten bio remediation to be better even if ineffectual.

Though from an aesthetic point of view food crops in unlikely places would be awesome.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The typical urban neighborhood vacant lot has no more heavy metal or toxins than the typical urban neighborhood back yard garden... the key is to stick to vacant lots that used to contain houses, not those which used to contain, say, dry cleaners.

In terms of heavy metals, lead in soil is not notably concentrated in vegetables, so that's not particularly a concern. Just don't eat the dirt!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Crazzee

Also, this might not have the potential to become an actual mission, I know.
I've already planted a few bags of seeds in a little lot down the road, though. Oughta liven things up a bit around here. Do you guys think this could actually be a widespread thing, though?
>_>

Cramulus

It's not bad, honestly. It's a way to modify your environment for the better, and I think that's cool.

For it to get really widespread though, the effect of the prank needs to be something that generates conversation.

Though it makes the neighborhood a bit prettier, merely seeing sunflowers growing in an empty lot will not blow anyone's mind

even if we coordinated 20 agents to do it all at once in different cities, it'd still be low on the radar

not to say that a successful mission has to operate on that scale
but it's good food for thought when trying to come up with the most ridiculous possible (though still feasable) mission.

I believe I will be participating in SeedGASM. I've begun to notice little squares of dirt and slices of peeking out from under the the asphalt topsoil of Yonkers. I wonder what seeds are best to poke in there...? what plants will need the least amount of care possible, and can grow in filthy stressful conditions?