News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

The Screaming Primate Dissertation

Started by Thurnez Isa, June 09, 2009, 02:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Intro:
The approaching forest

There is a light speck of dew running from red leather of a dead bar kitten where the mountains end with a dip, where the trees are interwoven with concrete, where the rain can not drain from the street pavement, where all wanderers are left stranded at the stations, where coffee is only served lukewarm, where a dark cloak is always illuminated, where every dim lit house has the sound of Skeeter Davis singing "The End of the World", where it's always just after a rainstorm, where lust and love have been divorced, where work horses are handcuffed to cash registers,  where money is treated like paper, where even the swamp rats drown, where there is graveyards and rotting fencing, where every car is just a jumble of parts, where the bears feed before garbage pickup, where the kids are kept locked away from stick wielding maniacs, where there is the ever present wailing of the cluster fucking of the screaming primates
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Thurnez Isa

First Impression of the Primates

We took away your last hour of playtime after school
and you were angry
We detached you from the elements and gave you an uncomfortable seat to sit
and you were angry
We gave you poison to breath and sulfur to taste
and you were angry
We gave you rather dry stories to replace whatever wonder remained after you woke
and you were angry
We spammed your email with grimy pictures of horny singles
and you were angry
We gave you a parade of just rain, wind and no music
and you were angry
We solved pi and calculated infinity to mere notion in a flashing TV screen
and you were angry
We took away your job and took away your wife's job
and you were angry
We branded your freedom to nothing but mere talking points and press conferences
and you were angry
We took away your ideas and your love of debate, leaving you drooling coat hangers of cheap suits to identify with
and you were angry
We left you in a grumpy coffee shop, built the night before, hoping that the clock would quickly extinguish the time, and leave you angry
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Jenne

Thurnez Isa

The Bus Terminal's Coin Operated Coffee Machine

There is a coin operated coffee machine in the bus terminal out in North Bay that makes one of the best hot chocolates you can ever taste. Creamy and not too sweet with the texture of a melted chocolate bar. A perfect antidote for the weariness of travel. It's far better then getting one served to you from the coffee shop. They don't take the time to stir it carefully, and the workers are bitter and overworked. Unpleasant too. Well can you blame them. If you ever worked service you know that every second costumer is crazy.  

There was one person in the terminal who also had the hot chocolate. She was a young fairly attractive traveler, as travelers go, and we both made sure not to talk or make eye contact. See I knew I wasn't crazy, so the laws of averages meant she must have been the crazy one.

The walls were lined with paintings, maybe painted by kids or just an edgy artist. There was one in the corner of an unicorn flying above the apocalypse.

The only other person there was the terminal worker, who took calls with one of those headsets that act as a phone. He looked butch, but had a lisp. Also he was naturally condescending on the phone. But maybe many of the callers were crazy, or he was crazy himself.

Evolved primates are funny. As social animals they should have evolved naturally to serve others of their own species. But it seems half of them are separated and disillusioned... and the other half is crazy. But that's OK, cause there is a coin operated coffee machine in a bus terminal in the north which will serve you a kick ass cup of hot chocolate.

Dante

navkat

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 30, 2009, 04:17:33 AM
The Bus Terminal's Coin Operated Coffee Machine

There is a coin operated coffee machine in the bus terminal out in North Bay that makes one of the best hot chocolates you can ever taste. Creamy and not too sweet with the texture of a melted chocolate bar. A perfect antidote for the weariness of travel. It's far better then getting one served to you from the coffee shop. They don't take the time to stir it carefully, and the workers are bitter and overworked. Unpleasant too. Well can you blame them. If you ever worked service you know that every second costumer is crazy.  

There was one person in the terminal who also had the hot chocolate. She was a young fairly attractive traveler, as travelers go, and we both made sure not to talk or make eye contact. See I knew I wasn't crazy, so the laws of averages meant she must have been the crazy one.

The walls were lined with paintings, maybe painted by kids or just an edgy artist. There was one in the corner of an unicorn flying above the apocalypse.

The only other person there was the terminal worker, who took calls with one of those headsets that act as a phone. He looked butch, but had a lisp. Also he was naturally condensation on the phone. But maybe many of the callers were crazy, or he was crazy himself.

Evolved primates are funny. As social animals they should have evolved naturally to serve others of their own species. But it seems half of them are separated and disillusioned... and the other half is crazy. But that's OK, cause there is a coin operated coffee machine in a bus terminal in the north which will serve you a kick ass cup of hot chocolate.

nicely painted.
I love how you pulled the whole thing together in the paradoxical final paragraph

Adios

Thurnez Isa

A Walk Through The City To The Shopping Center

There was a glow from a television set peering out through the cracks of some light pink vertical blinds. It was as if there was a collapse star not able to go Supernova within the living room.

There was blood on the streets in the city today, which the police were hosing. It made quite a lovely lake.

There were desperate youngsters from the reserves in the city today. They were probably less then 16 years old and willing to sell themselves for beer.
I had never seen them this deep in the city before. Out in the wild the people would put beer cases on the hoods of their trucks, but they wouldn't dare do that in the city. Well they wouldn't until today.

There was a drifter in the city today. He traveled down the railroad tracks. He had a long walking stick that was barely functional - but he still used it. He wore a bandanna, but had no banjo that I could see.

What is going to happen when the twisted marsh along the edge of this mundane, civilized city slowly incorporates the brick, the ash vault and the mortar? Out there the houses are wood, the roads are mud, and there is no fashionable paint.

What will that television be playing on that day?

Dante

Reginald Ret

bump because i liked it and  missed it the first time. afaicr
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Thurnez Isa

thanks
i did more or less finish it off, which ill look over and post after I half my exam load, or at the least do my mapping assignment

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Lovely Spring

The spring brings the water. People stroll through patchy grass yards not knowing what to do with themselves. The zombies of the sun.
Summer will come soon. With it the chuckling of children and the splash of a body jumping through the lake water. All within the watchful gaze of the approaching shadows of the forest.
By fall the city will be invaded with stragglers, desperately trying to buy a ticket out before winter. Shattered victims ready to victimize.
Then soon the winter of lonely streets, tilted lamps will bring the horrifying thought of everything becoming new.

Dante

Brotep

love the tone

I think the coin-op coffee machine is the strongest piece