News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Heresy #4: Rejecting Malaclypse the Younger.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 01, 2004, 07:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomDon't look at me. I'm apparently as incorrigible as you are.  :twisted:

I fear that, in some circles, we may be considered rogue discordians.

This doesn't bode well for our social calendar, does it?

:lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomDon't look at me. I'm apparently as incorrigible as you are.  :twisted:

Fer sher fer sher.....I fear you are correct, Roger.

Guess we'll just have to hang out in the land of Thud with chaosgraves and horab and other rogue discordians gone bad.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

Guess we'll just have to hang out in the land of Thud with chaosgraves and horab and other rogue discordians gone bad.

Okay.

On the other hand, I don't think we've had a proper Jihaad yet, and I see no reason to put up with the heathens that support "positive chaos" (as though chaos came in flavors).

WE WILL MARCH ON A ROAD OF BONES!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bella

Okay.

On the other hand, I don't think we've had a proper Jihaad yet, and I see no reason to put up with the heathens that support "positive chaos" (as though chaos came in flavors).

This reminds me.
You checked out the plot line of the new RGP game yet, Roger?

Or should I say Rev-Ro-Jer? :twisted:
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay.

This reminds me.
You checked out the plot line of the new RGP game yet, Roger?

Or should I say Rev-Ro-Jer? :twisted:

No, I'll give it a look.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Ancient Wiseguy"! :lol:

I love it.
Yeah, he did a good job, didn't he, O Ancient Wiseguy?
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Ancient Wiseguy"! :lol:

I love it.
Yeah, he did a good job, didn't he, O Ancient Wiseguy?

Rev Roger,
Only FEELS ancient.

Bella

Me, too.
I stayed up waaay too late last night.
You know how it is with us disreputable folk.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomMe, too.

Hey...SOMEBODY has to troll the 700Club forums...

Bella

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomMe, too.

Hey...SOMEBODY has to troll the 700Club forums...
Guido and I trolled the Celestine Visions people this afternoon.
Well, it was mostly Guido. I was working and couldn't pay proper attention to the trolling.
just like in a dream

Guido Finucci

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomGuido and I trolled the Celestine Visions people this afternoon.
Well, it was mostly Guido. I was working and couldn't pay proper attention to the trolling.

I wasn't really trolling, mostly I was playing with some other boffin who was trying to troll. He was very bad at it.

gnimbley

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerBeware, O ye of little faith, for the things I am about to say will piss thee off to no fucking end.

::adds another layer of steel reinforced webbing to the fallout shelter::

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerLet me start off by stating that Malaclypse the Younger is, and always has been a fraud.  That's right.  Bogus.  Phoney.  His real name is Kerry Thornley, and he did NOT "walk into the ocean" thirty years ago.  He is alive and well, and living in Cleveland, Ohio.

Second, his book, Principia Discordia is gibberish.  Utter rot.  It has two or three good jokes in it, and one (1) good idea.  It's basically an acid rant that reads like the end of a Robert Anton Wilson novel...which is to say, it's garbage.  The one good idea, of course, being that you should think for yourself.  Obviously, some backsliders like to quote it and/or insist that people act according to its "teachings" if they want to be a "true" Discordian.

Gee, I thought Greg Hill wrote PD, conceived of it as an underground art project, and his one good idea was that a religion could have a humorous diety.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerObviously bullshit.

Granted. So?

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerIn fact, this false prophet and his teachings have led countless Discordians astray.  They have been led to believe that, to be a discordian, one must act as if one was tripping, even when NOT under the influence of psychadelic drugs.  It has led people to believe that Eris is some demented aspect of Bacchus, where we all focus on having a good time.  Poetry, games, inebriation, etc.

Hmm. Roger, are you turning into a Prince? You know, as in, "I know what is right and wrong and you will all behave as I decree or face my ridicule."

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerSorry, wrong Gawd.

Eris is the goddess of DISCORD.  Take a minute, and look that word up.  I'll wait.

::thumbs through dictionary::

DISCORD: 1. lack of agreement or harmony : dissention, conflict, opposition;  2. a harsh combination of musical sounds; 3. a harsh or unpleasant sound; 4. a classic automobile made in Auburn, Indiana.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerBack now?  Good, we'll continue.

DISCORDianism.  The adherence to, and spreading of, DISCORD.  Tear the filthy thing down.  Smash it, and drive the survivors into the wasteland...and it doesn't really matter what "it" is.  We are the adherents of OPPOSITION.  We oppose for the sake of opposition itself.  We don't take sides, we don't play favorites, and it's a wonder that we are a "we" at all.

Yikes!

::adds a second layer of steel reinforced webbing to the fallout shelter::

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerWe are the proxies of entropy, not a fucking coffee house poetry club.  We back the wrong horse, in the sheer hope of clogging up the guts of the machine, and it really makes no difference if the "machine" is malevolent or benign...Because, to us, NO organization is "benign".

Ah, it comes out. Roger is a closet anarchist!

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerYou simply aren't going to gain the favor of the goddess by playing "three word game".  She'd rather see you shoving chewing gum in the coin slots of the subway entrance stiles, or simply playing "let's you and him fight".

The higher up in an organization that you can cause chaos, the more Eris will shower you with her blessings.  Avoid being caught (so you can do it again), and she'll even take them out of the big, heavy can first.

Hmmm. A heavy dose of Roger being heavy is, like, heavy. So, do you endorse the idea of sticking your used underwear into FedEx boxes? Or are you a weatherman?

By the way, that is "you and him fight," not "me and him," because I'm the quirky, oddball character who is no good in a fight.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerSo spare me the quotes and the anecdotes from Principia.  Forget that old fraud, Malaclypse, because Eris already has.  

Or kill me.

Unless Eris already has.

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerThis Is The Kind of Shit We Have To Put Up With Department

This Is The Kind of Shit We Get For Having To Put Up With Discordians Department

Prince Tao Jones

Just an example:

Quote from: Duchess DemonicaAha!

Talk about..................'Extremists'

Quote from: EVTtao is not extremist, only honest and speaks his mind after he has thought for himself. thats not
extremist but consequent.

Quote from: TaoDon't waste your breath, they aren't capable of understanding above a 11 year old reading level.

EVT's comment was a defense, but was not defensive. Your post was simply an unnecessary insult. Now, I am NOT implying that your comment was unprovoked, merely that it goes back to my original statement, "Antagonism breeds antagonism." The clearly implied subtext to Demonica's comment was:

"pot: /msg kettle you black".

She says you're an extremist, you say she has the mind of a child, and back and forth and around we go, getting nothing accomplished. Continuing:

Point taken, but in context, we've been (including me) just matter of factly, and non-defensive for ages about our concerns and the feedback from our posts was falling on deaf ears. Being contraversial, confrontational and caustic was a tool to get people's attention, and it worked.

I regret stooping to other's level, but somettimes it's the only way to get heard.

The above mentioned post of mine was a bit of surrender to the fact that, that was only half working and we weren't getting understood, though we did carefully explain our intentions multiple times.

Quote from: TaoI disagree, there's lots of people in the world that enjoy argument for argument's sake, (contrarians) because they enjoy argument, because they enjoy pissing people off, because they have small dicks, because they're on an internet chat board, and don't have any friends and can give themselves the allusion of being an authority in some cyber fantasy world because in the real world, they're affraid of their own shadow, or a million other sociopathic reasons.

There's nothing wrong with having an argument. I like arguments. But an argument is an intelligent, rational, and most importantly, respectful, discussion between people who have differing views on a subject. When an argument degenerates into name-calling and finger-pointing, it's not an argument, it's a fight.

I'm not singling you out here (though I suppose it may seem that way) for responsibility. My point is that responsibility is irrelavent to this issue. Doesn't matter who started it, that's a game children play with assigning blame and avoiding culpability. What matters is that somebody (preferably everybody) realizes that it's gone too far and everybody needs to count to ten, realize that we're all on the same side here, and stop slinging mud.

I agree, well represented arguments are why I come here for as well as like minds. Arguments like the one we're having here..

I reiderate my previous with example.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56459&highlight=#56459

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56534&highlight=#56534

You get to a point and someone just changes the subject when they can't come up with something to the defend the BS they're shoveling.

Again, my parents should come to this site if people really enjoy that.

Contrarian debate just seems like a pissing contests for intellectual ego. Not really interested in comming here for that.

Bottom line,

1.there's plenty of examples of negative stuff going on, yet I'm the one you're writing to, not the others, as well as others who say nothing when people say certain things. Seems a different standard for different people.

2. This is all about personal experience. We're trying to say our personal experience is not that enjoyable here, as apposed to just dropping out. We've now voiced it, if things change we'll probably hang around, if not we're getting bored, and will do more productive stuff with our time.

The dificult implication is that we believe strongly in the idea of discordianism, and find the principia quite genius actually. So if we scram, and deem this place lame, we'll have to dissassociate ourselves with this forum and explain why. I.E. it's supposed to be about jaking and mindfucking, yet is overtaken by those who don't.

Also in it's current state, I'd never invite my current friends here. Sojme have dug holes in D. Rumsfeld's yard while he was looking out the window calling the cops on the cordless.

If I told them there's a forum for other creative pointed pranksters, they'd come here and go where are they?
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Fnord Ranger

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerOn the other hand, I don't think we've had a proper Jihaad yet, and I see no reason to put up with the heathens that support "positive chaos" (as though chaos came in flavors).
Chaos does come in flavors.

"Positive chaos" has been observed in nature for millenia, but until recently wasn't explained scientifically.  The greeks rejected it as destructive to order.  The chinese understood it, but couldn't rationalize it.  It's an algorithm of growth that defies conventional platonic/ euclidian geometry and is nonlinear.  Mathematically, it is a series of disorders which create a greater order.  

"Negative chaos" on the other hand is and algorithm of destruction characterized by  white noise and static, nihilism and meaninglessness.  It's just disorder, nothing more.
In the universe
every zero adds up
to infinity.

~That's my haiku, and I'm sticking to it.