News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Sigil thread

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, June 17, 2009, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 08:46:34 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:43:58 PM
QuoteYeah, but thanks for letting me know you fuck with that sigil bullshit.  I'll be sure to take that into account in future conversations.

Meh. It's not that big a deal. All that sigils do is put a message into your subconscious. It's like using a subliminal message on yourself.

... no different than tarot cards or that "casting a circle" ...*

HOLY CRAP TGRR! YOU JUST MADE THE MOST CORRECT STATEMENT ABOUT MAGIC I HAVE SEEN IN AGES! Crowley would weep with joy.

Invocation, evocation, divination etc etc etc are all making use of the same basic tool, your own brain.

* Not TGRR's Actual Comment http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21189.msg776961#msg776961
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Wizard

QuoteInvocation, evocation, divination etc etc etc are all making use of the same basic tool, your own brain.

Exactly.
Insanity we trust.

The Wizard

QuoteI don't have to.  Age will do that all by itself.  smile

Fair enough. Not much I can do about that one.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 09:10:42 PM
QuoteI don't have to.  Age will do that all by itself.  smile

Fair enough. Not much I can do about that one.

Let's see how calm you are about it in 20 years.   :lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

I'll probably do okay. I've never seen the problem with getting older. (oh shit)
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 10, 2009, 09:08:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 08:46:34 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:43:58 PM
QuoteYeah, but thanks for letting me know you fuck with that sigil bullshit.  I'll be sure to take that into account in future conversations.

Meh. It's not that big a deal. All that sigils do is put a message into your subconscious. It's like using a subliminal message on yourself.

no different than tarot cards or that "casting a circle"

HOLY CRAP TGRR! YOU JUST MADE THE MOST CORRECT STATEMENT ABOUT MAGIC I HAVE SEEN IN AGES! Crowley would weep with joy.

Invocation, evocation, divination etc etc etc are all making use of the same basic tool, your own brain.

Nice of you to crop my text like that.

Intellectual honesty:  Try it sometime.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 09:17:18 PM
I'll probably do okay. I've never seen the problem with getting older. (oh shit)

Neither did I.   :lulz:

The Wizard

Fair enough. We'll see how it goes.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 09:19:09 PM
Fair enough. We'll see how it goes.

Oki doki.  But let me advise you to buy a wetsuit around age 35 or so.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Wizard

Will do.

Dr. James Semaj the Paradoxical
Not easily disturbed
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 09:22:43 PM
Will do.

Dr. James Semaj the Paradoxical
Not easily disturbed

I didn't really expect the description to scar you (though I was kinda hoping).  The reality will do the trick nicely, though.

PS:  Also, make sure to stock up on Sham Wows, for afterward.

The Wizard

QuoteI didn't really expect the description to scar you

And yet you keep trying. Oh well, persistence is always a good thing.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.