News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Sigil thread

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, June 17, 2009, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 10, 2009, 09:28:49 PM

You know what's funny, I can't see the pic you just posted, and I can still sense that it's full of fail.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:57:14 PM
Wow. :horrormirth: That made me shudder.

It's worse than it sounds.  Imagine two asthmatic and particularly hairy bears having a wrestling contest, with both of them making weird noises out of orifices that shouldn't make noise at all, while everything gets all sloppy and gross, and bits that shouldn't move flop all over the place.  Fact is, it should be illegal for anyone over the age of 40 to have sex unless they do it in a sound-proof room and have proof of purchase of at least 3 canvass tarps and 200 feet of saran wrap.  Plus, by this point, we all have some horrible disease or parasitic infestation, so you have these huge fucking syphilis worms the size of fucking PYTHONS crawling out of your ass, eating through the condom, and smashing your partner's chromosomes flat. 

Your parents do this, mind you.  Oh, yes.

How's your head now?  This sigil thing working?
:potd:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 10, 2009, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2009, 08:57:14 PM
Wow. :horrormirth: That made me shudder.

It's worse than it sounds.  Imagine two asthmatic and particularly hairy bears having a wrestling contest, with both of them making weird noises out of orifices that shouldn't make noise at all, while everything gets all sloppy and gross, and bits that shouldn't move flop all over the place.  Fact is, it should be illegal for anyone over the age of 40 to have sex unless they do it in a sound-proof room and have proof of purchase of at least 3 canvass tarps and 200 feet of saran wrap.  Plus, by this point, we all have some horrible disease or parasitic infestation, so you have these huge fucking syphilis worms the size of fucking PYTHONS crawling out of your ass, eating through the condom, and smashing your partner's chromosomes flat. 

Your parents do this, mind you.  Oh, yes.

How's your head now?  This sigil thing working?
:potd:

8)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on November 10, 2009, 08:45:47 PM
That's called "Self-Hypnosis", isn't it?

Also, if I understand the Pagospags, a "charged" sigil should work even if you don't know what it is.  From what I'm getting from you, you're using it as a way of tricking your Thinker/Prover mechanism.

That's kind of how I use ritual and tarot. It's a useful tool to help quiet my mind and let things filter up to the surface.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel on November 10, 2009, 10:19:00 PM

Also, if I understand the Pagospags, a "charged" sigil should work even if you don't know what it is.  From what I'm getting from you, you're using it as a way of tricking your Thinker/Prover mechanism.

That's kind of how I use ritual and tarot. It's a useful tool to help quiet my mind and let things filter up to the surface.

Me too.  For some reason, a lot of the time I DON'T know what the hell I think of something until I've talked about it with people... then I get prickly about certain aspects of the talk, and know how I feel...

If I'm by myself, though, a tarot reading works wonders.  I can't see how my tarot reading would work on someone else though.  Or sigils for that matter.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 08:46:34 PM
PROTIP:  Subliminals don't work.  Neither do Sigils.
they do but only in so far as reassuring yourself that you want something. Tarot cards, sigils, swinging a pendulum is basically just an act to make you feel assertive about the outcome you think you want.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

People can do whatever they want to try and manipulate their subconscious mind.

Faust

Quote from: Z³ on November 11, 2009, 12:08:01 AM
People can do whatever they want to try and manipulate their subconscious mind.
you are now thinking of her.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Hoopla on November 10, 2009, 10:46:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 10, 2009, 10:19:00 PM

Me too.  For some reason, a lot of the time I DON'T know what the hell I think of something until I've talked about it with people... then I get prickly about certain aspects of the talk, and know how I feel...

If I'm by myself, though, a tarot reading works wonders.  I can't see how my tarot reading would work on someone else though.  Or sigils for that matter.

I prefer bibliomancy, myself. Write a program to spit out a random series of words that seem like they might make sense, and then assume a meaning. Less baggage than tarot -- but I never really learned the tarot baggage.

I have done tarot-style readings with collectible card game cards (netrunner mostly).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

BabylonHoruv

A "charged" sigil works better if you don't remember what it is.

On the other hand that doesn't mean you don't know what it is, you have to know on a subconcious level so it can connect properly, but if your conscious is out of the way it's going to interface more successfully.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Wizard

QuoteA "charged" sigil works better if you don't remember what it is.

That's the problem I've had so far with my sigils. They seemed to work eventually, but it took longer than I thought it would.
Insanity we trust.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 11, 2009, 01:16:01 AM
QuoteA "charged" sigil works better if you don't remember what it is.

That's the problem I've had so far with my sigils. They seemed to work eventually, but it took longer than I thought it would.

I don't do much sigilmancy.

The advice I found in Liber Null though was to make a LOT of sigils, that way there are too many for you to remember which one is tied to which desire.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Faust

god what pretentious terminology.

The Wizard

Quotegod what pretentious terminology.

We didn't do it.
Insanity we trust.

Faust

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 11, 2009, 01:43:27 AM
Quotegod what pretentious terminology.

We didn't do it.
you are perpetuating that dogmatic meaningless but ohhhh so DEEP AND MYSTERIOUS occultism that renders the psychology of this stuff inaccessible and useless to everyone who isn't into that obnoxious vanity wankfest.