News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Pention: rant index

Started by Template, June 21, 2009, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

I'd like to see a sticky in this board with a sorted list of rants, so you don't have to go hunting through the search engine or anything to find, say, all of TGRR's rants of a particular series.

I'll complete a version if there's support and suggestions of what's wanted, within a few weeks.

or ???

Kai

Quote from: yhnmzw on June 21, 2009, 06:34:58 PM
I'd like to see a sticky in this board with a sorted list of rants, so you don't have to go hunting through the search engine or anything to find, say, all of TGRR's rants of a particular series.

I'll complete a version if there's support and suggestions of what's wanted, within a few weeks.

or ???

That's what the search button is for.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

Search isn't actually that useful.  I know TGRR has a rant index at POEE, but beyond that...

Kai

Quote from: Cain on June 21, 2009, 07:09:47 PM
Search isn't actually that useful.  I know TGRR has a rant index at POEE, but beyond that...

Really?

yhnmzw, if you think you can do it, I'm all for it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

the last yatto

subfolders for series writters might be useful
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Template

Quote from: Kai on June 21, 2009, 08:26:42 PM

Really?

yhnmzw, if you think you can do it, I'm all for it.

I can sure start it.

Quote from: yαtto on June 21, 2009, 08:33:31 PM
subfolders for series writters might be useful

Might create clutter, and fast.

Everyone, please click this link and tell me what you see.  It should deliver 4 pages of links to TGRR's work.

LMNO

Oh, fuck you yhn.

I clicked that link, and my bowels immediately exploded.

AFK

If you click on "Started By" at the top of the list of threads it will sort threads by author alphabetically.  Within each author they are sorted by date.

Voila!

I'll be sending an invoice. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Template

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 22, 2009, 08:04:17 PM
If you click on "Started By" at the top of the list of threads it will sort threads by author alphabetically.  Within each author they are sorted by date.

Voila!

I'll be sending an invoice. 

Ah.  Of course.  Forgot about that feature.

Now, about that invoice.  Ah, I see expenses are itemized.  Three kilograms of  :x :x :x :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :lulz:

oh

Triple Zero

Yeah. You need to register and log in, but he has an entire subforum there, and it's worth it. It's got some things that aren't to be found here.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would really love a "view threads started by" feature. Every other forum I'm on has one (except for mine, which has no search function) and it's very handy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Template

Quote from: Nigel on June 23, 2009, 04:47:54 PM
I would really love a "view threads started by" feature. Every other forum I'm on has one (except for mine, which has no search function) and it's very handy.

Well, for one there's http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0;sort=starter
I also checked out advanced search, but it's mean:  it requires a text to search for, even if I specify the forums and username I want.

the last yatto

now i see why omar filed things under o
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: yhnmzw on June 23, 2009, 09:15:34 PM
Quote from: Nigel on June 23, 2009, 04:47:54 PM

Well, for one there's http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0;sort=starter

So time-consuming as to be borderline useless, particularly if the thread you're searching COULD CONCEIVABLY be in one of several subforums.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Ok I came up with a little solution using the wiki

http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Rants

I can index links to the rants here of put them up as I did to my own for an example. People could do their own... Also I will offer to do other peoples if they want (they could do their own) I will also add only the ones they want, not add the ones the want, ect. just ask.. also I can add a section to indicate if they are kopyleft, or copyrighted, or what not

I WILL NOT MAKE A LIST OF LINKS TO PEOPLES RANTS IF THEY DON'T ASK OR DON'T WANT ONE
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante