ITT: The Case Against Jenny McCarthy As A Scientist

Started by hooplala, June 22, 2009, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shatterbrain

I wrote an essay about this bullshit a few years ago. That Playboy whore fills me with rage. I'm not even sure how I managed to finish the paper having never used the phrase "Playboy whore."

EDIT: Btw, I heard the guy who wrote the original study linking Autism to vaccines was prosecuted for having falsified information or something. But what the hell do I know?
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Cain

Quote from: Shatterbrain on March 17, 2011, 03:22:19 AM
I wrote an essay about this bullshit a few years ago. That Playboy whore fills me with rage. I'm not even sure how I managed to finish the paper having never used the phrase "Playboy whore."

EDIT: Btw, I heard the guy who wrote the original study linking Autism to vaccines was prosecuted for having falsified information or something. But what the hell do I know?

Oh ho ho!

Not cleaning the blood out of the carpet on this one.

LMNO

I think I'll give Shatter a pass for now.

But keep in mind, the fact that she look(ed) fantastic naked and offered evidence to that many times has absolutely no bearing on her completely retarded conclusions regarding vaccination and autism.  Nor does it make you a whore.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2009, 04:16:01 AM
Its basically a delusion where you start to believe that your child is not, in fact, mentally ill, but possesses special traits and abilities, many of them New Age-y in origin, and a belief that they have a divine or preordained mission to usher in a new era of peace and harmony.

That at one point the article for Indigo Children on Wikipedia also linked to the pages for Autism, Aspergers and Magical Thinking tells you quite a lot.

As of now, the Wiki article definitely links to ADHD, which is another one which seems to bring out the "no, mah child is specialz" crowd.

I really detest these people.

Theres a word for people who have magical thinking like the above. It's called "schizotypal".

As for the "case against Jenny McCarthy as a Scientist", it is simple: she's not a scientist. She's never conducted any scientific research, and she certainly doesn't use the scientific method or strong inference to solve problems. Not to mention, logical reasoning.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Shatterbrain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 17, 2011, 12:00:27 PMBut keep in mind, the fact that she look(ed) fantastic naked and offered evidence to that many times has absolutely no bearing on her completely retarded conclusions regarding vaccination and autism.  Nor does it make you a whore.

Granted, it seemed as good an insult as any at the time.

Does that strike a nerve with you or something?
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

LMNO

You mean, do I have a problem with people calling attractive naked women whores?

Why yes, yes I do.  Not only is it inaccurate and not particularly clever, I happen to like looking at attractive naked women.

Shatterbrain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 17, 2011, 04:52:20 PM
You mean, do I have a problem with people calling attractive naked women whores?

Why yes, yes I do.  Not only is it inaccurate and not particularly clever, I happen to like looking at attractive naked women.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shatterbrain on March 17, 2011, 04:46:28 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 17, 2011, 12:00:27 PMBut keep in mind, the fact that she look(ed) fantastic naked and offered evidence to that many times has absolutely no bearing on her completely retarded conclusions regarding vaccination and autism.  Nor does it make you a whore.

Granted, it seemed as good an insult as any at the time.

Does that strike a nerve with you or something?

Not really fond of women, are you?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shatterbrain on March 17, 2011, 05:03:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 17, 2011, 04:52:20 PM

Oh, never mind, I didn't realize you were retarded.  My bad.  Carry on.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 17, 2011, 12:01:55 PM
Its basically a delusion where you start to believe that your child is not, in fact, mentally ill, but possesses special traits and abilities, many of them New Age-y in origin, and a belief that they have a divine or preordained mission to usher in a new era of peace and harmony.

That at one point the article for Indigo Children on Wikipedia also linked to the pages for Autism, Aspergers and Magical Thinking tells you quite a lot.

As of now, the Wiki article definitely links to ADHD, which is another one which seems to bring out the "no, mah child is specialz" crowd.

Theres a word for people who have magical thinking like the above. It's called "schizotypal".

There's also a word for people who use psychological terms they don't understand.

They're called, "armchair psychologists."
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Kai

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 18, 2011, 12:04:42 AM

There's also a word for people who use psychological terms they don't understand.

Theres another word, for people who turn jokes into semantics.

It's called "pedantry".
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

Jenny McCarthy's a cunt.

Fuck you, Jenny.  You're causing way too much fucking disease in the kids that go to schools like my neighborhoods.  Go make your money and peddle your shit more safely and less on the backs of little kids whose parents are too stupid to breathe.

Fuck you, asswipe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 18, 2011, 12:04:42 AM

There's also a word for people who worry about shit like that.

They're called "assholes".

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A