News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

An experiment with Babylon and LMNO

Started by LMNO, July 01, 2009, 10:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

That could be a really nice essay, actually.  I should give it some thought.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on July 23, 2009, 06:57:24 PM
That could be a really nice essay, actually.  I should give it some thought.

I agree... its a catchy concept. For some reason it brought to mind Capt. Kirk's solution to the Kobayashi Maru simulation.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2009, 07:11:18 PM
Quote from: fomenter on July 18, 2009, 07:04:46 PM
there does seem to be a certain masochistic feel to the endeavor....
i am still holding out for the sadistic pay off laughing at their pain when their fluffy bunny harry potter world crashes down around them and they thrash around looking for excuses for why they  failed to prove their power,
but the experiment seems to be derailed, the magic believers aren't lining up to prove their powers for some reason  :lulz:

Because they realized the first of two horrible truths.

1.  They aren't attracting females with their mahdgjickque on this board.

All that remains is the second horrible truth, which they will figure out eventually.

2.  They will not attract any females ANYWHERE by talking about mahdgjickque.  I mean, outside of the ones that live in the bus station.

Might be surprised there.  But I'm guessing that's because you've never used the tactic because you don't see how sounding like a whackjob could possibly attract females.

Females are weird, they like a certain level of whackjob.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 23, 2009, 07:55:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2009, 07:11:18 PM
Quote from: fomenter on July 18, 2009, 07:04:46 PM
there does seem to be a certain masochistic feel to the endeavor....
i am still holding out for the sadistic pay off laughing at their pain when their fluffy bunny harry potter world crashes down around them and they thrash around looking for excuses for why they  failed to prove their power,
but the experiment seems to be derailed, the magic believers aren't lining up to prove their powers for some reason  :lulz:

Because they realized the first of two horrible truths.

1.  They aren't attracting females with their mahdgjickque on this board.

All that remains is the second horrible truth, which they will figure out eventually.

2.  They will not attract any females ANYWHERE by talking about mahdgjickque.  I mean, outside of the ones that live in the bus station.

Might be surprised there.  But I'm guessing that's because you've never used the tactic because you don't see how sounding like a whackjob could possibly attract females.

Females are weird, they like a certain level of whackjob.

This is the correct motorcycle. I have lots of girls that really dig that I'm a Discordian, into tarot, astrology, magic etc. especially when I make it sound like something sensible rather than "I can astral project" "I can throw fireballs out of my tummy" etc etc. 5 out of the last 7 women that I've attracted are really into that sort of thing... and none of the are particularly pagan or anything close to it...

Well, one's a SCAdian, but more from a historical perspective than a fantasy/pagan/hippie one.

But its OK, TGRR needs to think he has a clue on everything, even Rain Gods are occasionally Cosmic Schmucks.   :horrormirth:

LMNO

False dichotomy, rat.  TGRR said "mahdgjickque", you're talking about NLP.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: LMNO on July 23, 2009, 08:20:36 PM

The funny spelling usually implies a derivative of Crowley (the guy who started adding the k on the end)   NLP would fall under that category.

-Dok Howl

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on July 23, 2009, 08:20:36 PM

Actually, I'm talking about NLP, Invocation, Evocation, Ritual, Tarot, Astrology, Sigils and all the other toys.

LMNO

But TGRR wasn't.  Context, darling.

fomenter

also women often fall for players (a form of nlp)( see the game Neil strauss) regardless of the BS they spout  its how the BS is used to pick up chicks, it would be a case of using magic2 as a tool to perform magic1
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

LMNO

You fuckers just don't listen, do you?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on July 23, 2009, 08:34:03 PM
You fuckers just don't listen, do you?

TGRR already stated that ALL magic is bullshit. I see nothing in his post that indicates he's only talking about Babylon's number guessing magic. Further, even if we were only discussing Magic2, TGRR's statement still looks like drivel.

Calling all of Magic1, NLP seems unnecessarily vague anyway.

fomenter

i am not defending any broad brush statements about magic 1, 2 or 3

i am just having fun confusing the issue by proposing using magic2 (imaginary stuff) as a prop in an effort to attract women using magic1 (nlp physiology), you could use magic3 in the same way.. :lulz:

or magic1 as a  prop in the same way (how meta)   { :wink: rata}
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

BADGE OF HONOR

So, um, should I read all 17 pages or just assume BH failed?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 23, 2009, 09:04:07 PM
So, um, should I read all 17 pages or just assume BH failed?

Yes, I failed.

Also got really sick,  which may have caused me to fail, or I may have made myself sick as a way to excuse myself failing, or they may have been unrelated.  I've been abstaining from trying again based on the possibility of the second option, cause I was REALLY sick.

-Dok Howl