News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

An experiment with Babylon and LMNO

Started by LMNO, July 01, 2009, 10:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Jenne

...so, wtf was the upshot of this, I am coming to this thread like 18 pages into it having left it at about pg 4 or so...? /lazy, begs forgiveness

fomenter

experiment preformed
failure resulted
excuses presented
illness blamed
magic1 now = self-hypnosis, NLP, meta-programming, etc.(science of self transformation)
magic2 now = i can change the world with a wave of my wand nutters (precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, et al.)
magic3 now = stage magic or illusionists

the concept of cheating was added and is awaiting a clear explanation

debate about whether believing in magic2 can get you laid is underway
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Sure it can.  You just need cultists and a basic reading of Crowley  (I know, I know, this is technically Magic1...).

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2009, 02:09:13 PM
Sure it can.  You just need cultists and a basic reading of Crowley  (I know, I know, this is technically Magic1...).

Zoom goes the Motorcycle... though, I'd almost argue that the best way to get girls with magic is to use all three in some sense... Use 1 and 3 to make them believe 2. Then sex0rs.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 28, 2009, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2009, 02:09:13 PM

Zoom goes the Motorcycle... though, I'd almost argue that the best way to get girls with magic is to use all three in some sense... Use 1 and 3 to make them believe 2. Then sex0rs.

Remove number 2, and you have "The Mystery Method" in 20 words or less.

fomenter

but i think the original point was believing you can do magic 2 wont get you laid (the belief making you a probable basement dweller and a born to be shoved in a muddy ditch by bullies)  and the secondary argument gets raised by ratts idea of using mag1 and 3 is dude if you have the mind and talent to do mag 1 and 3 why do you need to sleep with the kind of bubble head skank girls that pull train on hippie gatherings or would screw guys that believe in magic2.

1. i am not entirely convinced belief in magic 2 precludes one from getting laid but i would say the chances diminish with every increase in the amount of magic2 you think you can do

2. i suspect the quality of the women diminishes in a similar way..

hmroogp

Cain

Oh yeah, totally.

I'm just saying, sex cults, yanno?

LMNO

In one of the more depressing Truth in Television moments I've experienced, I have realized that the Vast Majority of sex cults/swinger's clubs/freelove(sex) movements are indeed what is depicted in the HBO Real Sex series: A group of unattractive, aging, lonely, uninspired people who have decided to pretend that Sex is Love, rather than Love is Sex.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2009, 07:20:54 PM
In one of the more depressing Truth in Television moments I've experienced, I have realized that the Vast Majority of sex cults/swinger's clubs/freelove(sex) movements are indeed what is depicted in the HBO Real Sex series: A group of unattractive, aging, lonely, uninspired people who have decided to pretend that Sex is Love, rather than Love is Sex.

It's definitely a dominant stereotype that has a lot of supporting evidence. reason Number Two that we only went to the local swinger club a couple times.

Reason number one... Columbus Ohio Swingers

:horrormirth:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2009, 07:20:54 PM

Well thats why there needs to be an empahsis on the cult aspect.

If the sexy people will not go normally, then they must be tricked, lured there under false pretences, held against their will, starved, beaten, deprived and brainwashed until they come of their own free will.

I just realized the meaning of that sentence changes entirely, depending on how you interpret the sixth from last word.

LMNO

Well, that's the final door to enlightenment.  SO SAYETH THE PROPHET.

LMNO
- High Priest: First Church, Mary of the Nice Rack and Tight Ass.